10 Days of Sun on the Sun

Honeysquared

Hi

Thanks for your review, there are 13 from the same family going on the sun from the UK on the 31st March. I to was unsettled by the many negative reviews of the sun and you have certainly put our minds at rest.

Can you suggest a good beach for Barbados, were having a beach day that day organised by ourselves?

Also, all the party except 1 are adults, but my youngest son is only 13, is it also a child friendly ship (teen friendly)??

Thanks

JerseyJo

We were in Barbados in February on the Celebrity Equinox and went to Carlisle Beach to Harbour Lights. Here is the link:

http://www.harbourlightsbarbados.com/Cruise-Passengers/

I walked down to the Boatyard to buy a t-shirt for my daughter and it was okay too, just more crowded. The beach is beautiful and the water is clear. A taxi is $5 per person. When you drive up to the place, it looks like a dump from the outside, but just walk through to the beach. They rent chairs and umbrellas. I don't recall the price, but it was reasonable. They have free wifi, so I used my iPad and checked my e-mail, looked at FB, posted to Cruise Critic, etc. it was great!

Hello, Sun cruisers! My DH and I will be boarding the NCL Sun in April and I was hoping someone could answer a question for us.

I would like to book dining reservations on-line. We try to choose and pay as many details before we leave so the cruise will be carefree! Anyway, can anyone tell us what time the shows are in the evening? We don't want to miss them while having dinner.

Thanks,

Rob and Cindy

Millville, NJ

One more question please before I do the on-line dinner reservations. Any idea when formal nights are? Do they serve lobster on formal night? If so, is it only available in the main dining room? My DH does not want to miss a chance to eat lobster! lol.

One more question please before I do the on-line dinner reservations. Any idea when formal nights are? Do they serve lobster on formal night? If so, is it only available in the main dining room? My DH does not want to miss a chance to eat lobster! lol.

There is no formal night on NCL. There is the Norwegian's Night Out event where people get their picture made with the captain etc. On this night, you can dress up or not. Lobster is served on your first night onboard (embarkation night).

Hi

Thanks for your review, there are 13 from the same family going on the sun from the UK on the 31st March. I to was unsettled by the many negative reviews of the sun and you have certainly put our minds at rest.

Can you suggest a good beach for Barbados, were having a beach day that day organised by ourselves?

Also, all the party except 1 are adults, but my youngest son is only 13, is it also a child friendly ship (teen friendly)??

Thanks

JerseyJo

Hi JerseyJo, we just booked the Sun for 31st March as well. Have you been over to the roll call yet? I'm not sure how kid friendly the Sun and this particular sailing will be but we are bringing our 10 yr old and at least 1 other family on the roll call is bringing kids but I don't know the age. Our roll call is over here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755102

Archived