Movies under the Stars

obladi1

Don't get me wrong here I do like the MUTS. But it seems like they try every angle to sell you more stuff. Just like Outsyder says the Diamonds, and the Del Sol ads are just around the corner lol. Don't forget the watches. One more little thing. Ok maybe two. Why is your tv set turned on to the Princess Tip Channel on the last day? huh huh , welll you know why. Yep the old tip jar plea. Give me a break, they autotip your account. You tip all the folks that looked after you really nice. And then they plead for more. Ane since when is excellent not excellent? Please mark excellent on the review sheet because excellent only means good. Pardon me? That the hell does that mean. Sorry I just got on a little rant there.

There is now a poll up, if you take out the "I don't care either way" votes it is 71% in favor of MUTS.

Of course i'm sure that even that overwhelming vote won't convince you.

I think if the response to MUTS was as overwhelmingly positive as you suggest, we'd have seen it already installed on both the Golden and Star, with options on the other two Sun-class ships that don't have it. Given the observation that message boards are dominantly populated by those who choose 7-day cruises, and many of those with families, the results are as you would expect. This is the audience one would also expect to be in favor of MUTS. Also, considering that Princess will carry upwards of 1-1/4 million passengers this year, a poll with 100 or so responses is not even close to being statistically significant.

As to those who haven't seen it, but say they'd like it, aren't they in the same category as those who say they haven't seen it and don't want it? In other words, according to some, their opinion doesn't count.

Anyway, not to belabor the point, the question is not just a yes or no to MUTS, it involves the type of programming being shown, the time of day and night it's on, and the availability of alternative areas where one can avoid the noise.

There is now a poll up, if you take out the "I don't care either way" votes it is 71% in favor of MUTS.

Of course i'm sure that even that overwhelming vote won't convince you.

No, it doesn’t. Rob has effectively communicated the reasons why. Because of the lack of statistical significance, it's difficult to agree that the poll is overwhelming - no matter the subject.

I for one would prefer a return to a dedicated cinema, down in the bowels of the ship, with comfortable loge type seating, and perhaps hot, fresh buttered popcorn at the door for the asking!

Archived