Ease my worries

This will be my 3rd cruise first on RC. We will be celebrating dd high school graduation and ds 8th grade graduation. We have only cruised Carnival and wondering how are the teen areas and activities? Also traveling with us will be new cruisers and I know what to expect from Carnival but how is RC?

Thanks

Just our family's experience...we cruised only Celebrity, Disney and RCCL before this past summer's Carnival Liberty cruise. Our 3 teens and 10 year old did not like Carnival and spent very little time in the clubs.

With that being said, I think your concern can really be answered by what your kids like to do at a home. If you have more "sporty like" kids, then they will like RCCL better. If your kids are more the "let's go party" type kids, then they will like Carnival better.

I have a daughter graduating also. :)

Is DD 18? Things get a little weird for the 18-20 crowd. They can't participate in any of the youth activities. Of course there are the sports activities, depending on what ship you choose, and everyone can enjoy pool time, but there is really a lack of specific activities for the young adults in this age bracket.

I don't think this is exclusive to RCCL though. I have been on Carnival once, with our group of 150 Chorus kids, and we had a handful who had reached 18. They were left out of everything going on in the youth clubs, and Carnival would not bend the rules even though they were all in the same group.

This will be my 3rd cruise first on RC. We will be celebrating dd high school graduation and ds 8th grade graduation. We have only cruised Carnival and wondering how are the teen areas and activities? Also traveling with us will be new cruisers and I know what to expect from Carnival but how is RC?

Thanks

Just remember a cruise ship is not a barrier to crime. Make sure your children have their guards up...

I have not had a BAD cruise. However, I didn't love Carnival. My brother and sister in law hated it. I think they were a little harsh. Yet, now that I have sailed the Voyager class, I don't think I could go back. I was never bored.

I also don't think that I would love the Oasis class but hubby wants to try it so we will go. I could live on the Explorer...LOL Ha ha just kidding.

Seems there is something for everyone.

Personally a cruise vacation isn't something I would choose with young children. They get bored or want to be left "alone" which I don't do, so it wouldn't have worked for us.

If you are open to letting you kids explore without you, it seems like Royal has more for them to do.

It will be more similar than not:). RCCL ships do offer nice touches that Carnival does not (rock wall, bungee trampoline on the ship you are sailing). Your kids will enjoy themselves no problem:D

Would you happen to know if Explorer of the Seas has the bungee trampoline? And is there an extra charge?

Thanks for the info DD will be 17 and DS is 13 their cousins are 19 and 16 and they cousins have never cruised. My kids are active DD is a cheerleader and loves track DS plays popwarner football. So it sounds like they will enjoy themselves challenging each other with the rock climbing wall. Thanks bunch. Side note thinking about doing the Sheraton day pass in the Bahamas. Thoughts?

Thanks for the info DD will be 17 and DS is 13 their cousins are 19 and 16 and they cousins have never cruised. My kids are active DD is a cheerleader and loves track DS plays popwarner football. So it sounds like they will enjoy themselves challenging each other with the rock climbing wall. Thanks bunch. Side note thinking about doing the Sheraton day pass in the Bahamas. Thoughts?

Can't give advice on the Sharaton. We went to the Blue Lagoon and it was beautiful. We had a lot of fun watching the dolphins and sea lions at no extra cost. There were also inflatables on the water available at no extra cost for our teens. To get there, we had to take a short ferry (about 25 minutes) over. Replace dot with . to get more info. bahamasbluelagoondotcom

Archived