Conquest 1/1/06 child <2 Questions...

jnjrad

I'm sure these questions have all been asked before... but, I'm looking for specific experience with the Conquest. I've looked back in previous posts and haven't really found Conquest specific info. What are your best suggestions for bringing a 20 month on board? We have reserved a balcony room sandwiched in between my parents and DH parents. Can you take the 20 month old to the play area at Camp Carnival? I know she can't participate until 24 months. But, can I take her to play there? Is there anywhere on the Conquest that a 20 month old can swim? What were the cribs like? Did you need/could you use a car seat at port when taking a taxi? Any tips for early dinner seating? Someone suggested portable DVD player. Is this really appropriate for a (fancy) dinner area? I'm hesitant but, I know that would buy us some time to eat. Nothing provides her more entertainment than a good 30 minute "Dora" episode. Just not sure if it's appropriate. Did you tip more for the "hassle" of dealing with a toddler? (I usually do when we go out to eat...let's face it...they are messy eaters!) Has anyone used a baby monitor in the room after DC goes to sleep? Do you recommend bringing a Pak n Play or using Carnival's crib. Packing suggestions? Did you have to do laundry on board? What excursions did you do? Any other suggestions? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

BTW I have cruised on the Conquest before and LOVED it. I'm very excited to share this with DD.

PS...I also posted the same question on the Family Cruising board but, haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd try here too. THANKS!!

johnalene

Conquest 1/1/06

Conquest 6/22/03

Fascination 6/17/03

Imagination 11/1/98

since noone is answering maybe i can help a bit, we jsut got off the miracel with our 17 month old daughter.

she was ble to go to camp carnival from 12-2 on days we were at see. during this time you can stay if you would like and play, or you can leave the child with the staff. Since we used the babysitting at night we felt comfortable and left her..she seemed to enjoy the time with the other kids and staff.

they offered babysitting for her age everynight from 10-3 am, we would put her to sleep, and wheel her down to abbysitting where they ahd a nice crib setup for her....it was great. they gave us a portbale phone to keep for the week and would call us if they needed us. we could also call them, it was very nice.

there was a kiddie pool on the miracle, sides were padded and the area had padded floors as well as it is fenced in. the kids loved being there. they got to run freely and splash in the water without us holding them..again it was great.

we did tip alot more in the dining room. but ur waiter and waitress were superb, if the kids finished before us they would take them for walks around the dining room. so they deserved it.

our daughter slept on the bed and not in the crib, she liked having her own bed. and the steward always arranged her bed with her toys...

my advise: use the babysitting it is worth every penny and more.

ps. the staff really catered to our daughter and my nephew. so take you DD and enjoy!

Thanks for taking time to answer a few questions. I didn't realize you could utilize any part of camp carnival until they are 24 months. That is a fantastic surprise! I'm glad to hear you were happy with the babysitting services.

thanks again!

DestinyDog-- clear something up here--- you took your child into camp to play during camp hours?? According to my papers they state that kids under two can only go in there during the noon til 2 hours with a parent only. after that they will have to leave. You said that during those hours you can leave your under two kid and the camp staff will watch?? did you do that? Coz I thought the staff was not there during those hours.

I know you could go in there and stay with your child between noon and 2-- (under the impression that was for any day)

Camp can be used during a port day while the parents go into port...there is a charge of 6 bucks per hour. also camp can be used for the babsysitting after 10pm for the same fee.

Archived