Fantail on Deck 8 on Jewel?

Is this a great cabin to have on a Caribbean sail? We've heard it is from our travel agent, and it's available, but I have never experienced it and just wanted others' opinions. Is it particularly windy or noisy or less private? Seems like it would be a cool view, but...

Thanks for the help, and any other helpful hints you want to toss in, I'll happily read them!

What cabin number? I personally haven't heard the term "fantaill" applied to a Royal Caribbean ship.

The cabins across the stern of the ship (generally called aft cabins on this forum) are very desirable if that is what you are thinking of booking. I have had 8168 on a couple of cruises. It was not at all noisy and was very private. It can feel still out there depending on which way the wind is blowing and the position of the ship relative to the sun.

Right -- I hadn't either, but that's the term my TA used, so I repeated it! Yes, it's a direct aft cabin, #8170 on Jewel. We are also holding #8590 on portside Liberty and trying to decide. All that pros and cons stuff! I'm not crazy about the idea of the ginormous Liberty, but I want to go to Belize instead of Key West... and also thinking that Belize will be warmer than Key West in early February. Any thoughts on any of that, too, while you're at it?? Thanks for your help!

See my review in my signature below for pics of your cabin:D We had 8170 and 8672 (yeah, we had a cabin between us but they were great guys, and it wasn't a big deal.)

You will see my DM and DD on the balcony of 8170- it was great, panoramic views ( photos of those too) and 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs, plenty of room for 4 of us to eat breakfast out there. Very quiet, because you have cabins above and below, and its at the end of the hall. the only "downside" is if you have mobility issues, its a longer walk than other Cabins, but hey, the whole ship isnt a 1/4 mile long...nothing is a " long" walk! :rolleyes:

We loved that cabin so much Ive booked the one next to it on the corner on Jewel out of San Juan. Just a terrific experience; your agent is giving you great advice...grab it:D!

Ed to add: you will love Jewel! If you are not sure about the " glamazons", Jewel is for you! She is really pretty, like " wow, she is as pretty as they say" and the WJ there is terrific, our balcony and that WJ were so perfect, we never went to the pool deck, we sat on our own balcony, then got lunch al fresco at either the Seaview or the WJ and went back to the balcony. You'll see my only " knock" on Jewel is that she has fewer lounges, and they get used up for private parties, so I was a little bored in the evenings, but that was more a function of the company I was with and that I don't gamble like mom!

Archived