Punchliner Brunch?

KimtheCruiser

Oh that reminds me, do you sit at a group table like fixed dining or who you go with?

It's like group seating based on the number of seats in an area they are currently seating. They will seat groups together but you may or may not be seated with others. Service is usually fast but the last sea day on the Magic was sooooo slow. Good company we met made it enjoyable nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alas...but no sit down lunch..or like I like to call it table service lunch. After all it's not like you have to stand up & eat your lunch lol! Looking forward to Punchliner's brunch. I hear the bloody Mary's are a must!

Yes, the Bloody Mary's are a must. But get them at the cart outside the venue. You can get them as spicy as you would like with the 8-10 different hot sauces as well as horseradish, olives, celery, etc. There was also a different type of celery that they had that had what looked like black pepper at the tip, was very good.

Other things that were a nice touch was the upgraded pastry basket that you get that had yummy lemon pound cake and popovers.

Yes, the Bloody Mary's are a must. But get them at the cart outside the venue. You can get them as spicy as you would like with the 8-10 different hot sauces as well as horseradish, olives, celery, etc. There was also a different type of celery that they had that had what looked like black pepper at the tip, was very good.

Other things that were a nice touch was the upgraded pastry basket that you get that had yummy lemon pound cake and popovers.

Thanks for the tip..Sounds like I may have to get one on the way in & then another on the way out!

Thanks for the tip..Sounds like I may have to get one on the way in & then another on the way out!

They are a large version in a pint glass with a double shot of vodka @ 8.50. Thery are also included as free with your drink coupon that you'll find in your stateroom and of course if you buy the Cheers program, then you can have as many as you want. Since we did buy into the Cheers program, we used our free drink coupons on cappuccinos.

YES! But on the Magic the second sea day when we went at 11AM the best 4 of us could decipher from the waitstaff was that they don't offer it after 11AM... :confused: I really wanted those chocolate muffins with my Carne & Huevos!

YES! But on the Magic the second sea day when we went at 11AM the best 4 of us could decipher from the waitstaff was that they don't offer it after 11AM... :confused: I really wanted those chocolate muffins with my Carne & Huevos!

We lucked out since the first time we went just before 900 and the second time was just before 1100, so we had the basket both times.

I really think the set up is a win win for all concerned. It appeases the people who were dismayed by the same breakfast menu for years and at the same time it allows those people that like to sleep in the option of having a sit down breakfast at a later time. The comedy aspect of the brunch is an afterthought and the venues certainly do not need to be promoted since they turn away people every night because of their popularity. And from a cost standpoint, it saves Carnival money because the dining room is only open from 830 till the last person leaves about 200 or so.

The brunch also helps distribute the passengers so not everyone is tring to cram into the same places. It helps fill people up after 9 so they they won't think they are dying of starvation and absolutely have to eat again as soon as the lido buffet opens.

I had no trouble getting a table for one

DSC_2279_DxO.jpg

The brunch also helps distribute the passengers so not everyone is tring to cram into the same places. It helps fill people up after 9 so they they won't think they are dying of starvation and absolutely have to eat again as soon as the lido buffet opens.

I had no trouble getting a table for one

Thank you

• 7 months later...
Can anyone tell me if its included or extra?

Included.

Pride have this and do I need a reservation or just stand in line? Thanks!

Pride does have the brunch, no reservations possible. Just show up.

When if first opens, there may be a wait. After the first rush, the any line should move at a reasonable pace.

We went about 1pm to have lunch. It is brunch so not a menu for lunch. (the tomato soup was excellent.) The munu is of course a matter of opinion but the commedian stunk up the place. No jokes, just went to a few tables and asked where the people were from and said it we wanted more to come to his show. More? we didn't get anything to start with. And lastly the service in MDR for brunch is poor. You order, get served and are forgotten. No refills, no nothing unless you flag a waiter down.

On my last Legend cruise I attended Punchliner once at 11:55am. Seated quickly, looked at the menu over and over and only found the steak as something I wanted, without the egg. The waiter took my order and wasn't seen again. At noon the CD announced the comedian who bored the entire room with "You know you're a redneck if" jokes which were anything but funny. Said he was trying out new material to include in his nightly shows...which bombed.

20 min. later I hadn't gotten more than ice water. No rolls, no bar order although I'd asked a passing waiter, not mine, for a bar drink--to use that coupon. Another 10 minutes passed. A father at a nearby table got up three times to ask where his young daughters order was. I was served more water and asked what the hold up was. "We are behind. So sorry." Finally got my steak which was better than one I'd had in the Steakhouse! Sauces with it were excellent and very different. Asparagus was perfectly done. Some type of potatoes on the plate were just a mess and inedible. A side of curly fries served in a cup were good. I wondered why serve both, glad for the fries.

I finally got my drink order after I was done with my food when suddenly I was served rolls!

Unfortunately, I was there so long the comic started up again, I grabbed my drink and fled!

Sailing on the Magic in Feb., and looking forward to the comedy brunch. DH especially wants to try the huevos rancheros. Do you remember the hours for the brunch? Were there lines to get in? Thanks.

Just off Dream...hours were 9am-1pm. Went everytime it was available and no lines between 9-9:30am. Was great

:mad: We were on the Conquest. We were not impressed with the food or the comedy... If I were Geoge Lopez, I would take my name of the Comedy Club. The "ten" minutes of comedy was really two minutes. This includes the one minute "commercial" to come and see that night's show...:eek:

Just off Dream...hours were 9am-1pm. Went everytime it was available and no lines between 9-9:30am. Was great

Someone on these boards (maybe this thread) said the bread basket is only available before 11:00 a.m. - was that true on the Dream?

On the Breeze, the hours were from 9-1, with comedy every hour on the half hour. The menu was better than the regular breakfast. The comedy? Scotty K bombed both times we saw him, though he was great at his show in the Limelight Lounge. Valerie Storm was very funny, though. It's hard to capture an audience's attention in a large dining room, and apparently Scotty didn't bring his "A" material.

Splendor Punchliner brunch was from 9am-1pm.It was on sea days which was four days on my cruise. I'm not a fan of the brunch,but I was able to get the eggs benedict so I was glad about that. There was no lunch inthe MDR on this 8 day cruise,and I did miss that. I admit that I'm spoiled and like being waited on so I did miss that on this cruise. The comedian told one joke and that was it, so why it gets this big hype about a comedy brunch I don't get it. Anyway I hope Carnival rethinks lunch in the MDR.

Archived