dream cove balconys

Illinoisgal

We just returned from a cruise in one of Dream's cove balconies. I liked it a lot, but they are not perfect for everybody. If you are a sun-lover, the opportunities for sunbathing on a cove balcony are limited. For me, this was perfect, because I'm always looking for shady spots.

Also, they get a fair amount of spray if the seas are rough, so expect to find a wet balcony floor at times, and sometimes damp balcony furniture as well.

They are on the Main deck, so it's quite a vertical distance to some activities and venues on the ship. You'll need great thigh muscles to climb those stairs, or you may find yourself standing in an elevator lobby more frequently than someone who booked a balcony on, say, the Panorama deck, close to the fun on Lido deck.

The lifeboats hanging above created some whistling noises in high winds. They also limited our view of the night sky. I love to look at the stars when I'm on a ship.

So think about how you want to use a balcony and you can decide if the cove balconies are an incredible deal, or if they are likely to be a disappointment.

For myself, I would not hesitate to book one again.

I loved ours - and I will book again (and have!) but I will choose a different location.

Stay away from 2375 - directly under one of the galley passageways, and we heard carts being rolled overhead until 2am every night. Also located directly across from the Laundry Room, and people congregated there and talked early and late.

We are booked further forward next time - but still in a cove.

Archived