Laundry/Cabin Location on TP

annag

Dear fellow board members, I have a dilemma!

We were just notified that Princess had "upgraded" us into a BB category (from BC) and assigned us cabin no. 7079 for our August 12, 2005 sailing. It sounded really wonderful until I took a look at the deck configuration and discovered that cabin 7079 is directly across the laundry room.:(

So, I called Costco (where we booked the cruise) and had them call Princess and had the Princess representative join in on the discussion of me not wanting the cabin across the laundry room. No luck of changing anything--the cruise ship is full! There are no other balcony cabins available, although Princess promised to "keep an eye" on any cancellations and/or changes, whatever keeping an eye really means.:confused:

Having said ALL THIS, does anyone have any idea as to how noisy, crowded, etc. the area around the laundrymat would be? I am a little more tolerant than my husband, who will be WAY beyond upset. On the other hand, I may be better of not knowing at this point.

Anyways, all ideas and input will be appreciated!

Might as well ask if anyone else is going with us, since no one is responding to the Roll Call.

Anna

Anna,

We just got back on May 24, and were in 7008 (BC). Going out to Cook Island we had some bad weather and did get a little sick. I would have prefered to have been in the middle of the ship (less movement). When ever I walked passed the laundermat I hardly saw anyone. Going to Bora Bora they had a special for $15 for a bag of laundry to be cleaned, that was great! Maybe a lot of people did this. From what I saw, you really should not worry.

Have Fun!

-Mary

Mary, thank you so much for your input! I just had a total nuclear meltdown yesterday. I did not even tell my husband, I was THAT worried about his reaction. Hopefully they will be running the laundry special again!

Mary, did you enjoy your cruise and do you have any special tips to offer?

Anna

They've been running that laundry special on all the Tahitian Princess cruises for quite a while now. Also, I agree that you don't have much to worry about concerning the proximity of the Laundry Room to your cabin. It is locked up at night, so it's only in use during the daytime hours anyway. I did do laundry twice on Deck 7, and I didn't notice any great degree of noise in the hallways nearby.

Enjoy your cruise!fing39.gif

3_13_5.gif

Anna,

We had a very nice time on the cruise. You asked if I had any tips, I'm not sure...

On Cook Island we took the bus around the island. We knew that they drive on the opposite side of the road, but when it was time to catch the bus we were sitting on the wrong side and watched it go by.

I had booked a 1/2 day 4x4 tour on Papette and was disappointed because they canceled when they went to pick us up (maybe they didn't have enough people). If I knew ahead of time we would have gone to Moorea, because 1 day wasn't enough to see it.

We did enjoyed the helmet dive on Bora Bora, you can only book it though Princess. But I think next time I would take scuba lessons before the cruise and do a dive.

-Mary

<<<<On Cook Island we took the bus around the island. We knew that they drive on the opposite side of the road, but when it was time to catch the bus we were sitting on the wrong side and watched it go by.>>>

Mary, this is just too funny and this is exactly what we would have done without your tip here.

I booked several excursions for us through Princess already and, of course, I understand that I can cancel those if I find something more interesting. I am still investigating everyone's suggestions on this board; however, there are so many conflicting opinions, that it is difficult to decide whether Albert's Tour is a good or bad choice, etc.

I also noticed that many people enjoy quite a bit of activities, sometimes two per day. This is a little worrisome for me, since we are looking forward to relaxing in Polynesia, not necessarily being very busy and active, but I do not want to miss something important.

Did anyone just hang out there? Maybe did an activity in every other port, but the rest just strolled around a small town/village and laid out on a beach?

Anna

Anna-

We did Alberts Tour at Moorea. It was suppose to be a BBQ picnic, feed sharks & sting rays and snorkle at a motu. But they changed it that day, which was fine, less $$. We didn't feed the sharks or had the BBQ. I don't know if its because they do this on certain days. Not too many people were on our boat (6 total). But after we were dropped off to snorkle they kept on getting more people and asking us if we wanted to stay a little longer which we did. Princess excersion boat was packed to the max and we were all at the same area. You don't have to book Alberts tour before hand, when you get off the tender they will be out there.

We did the catamaran on Bora Bora with Princess, but I felt it was too long (3 hours). I thought they would go around the whole island, which they don't. On Bora Bora there are taxi's that will take you to a nice beach for $3. which we did on our last day which was very nice.

Have fun!

Mary

Mike-

I can't remember which beach it was. When you get off the tender the cabs are waiting to take people to Bloody Mary's or to the resort beach (??Matira Beach??Moana Beach??) for $3.00 per person. It's not a problem getting a ride back, the cabs are waiting. It was soft white sandy beach, didn't see any coral for snorkling there.

-Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone just hang out there? Maybe did an activity in every other port, but the rest just strolled around a small town/village and laid out on a beach?

Anna

To the landromat questions, our inside cabin shared a wall with it and we barely heard any noise during the day or night. Also, don't worry if you are in an odd numbered cabin, if I remember correctly, the door is across from 7076. Another member of our group was in 7080 or 7082 and had no problems with traffic or noise from the landromat.

We didn't do any Princess tours in Polynesia, and most days we relaxed or shopped. In Raiatea (Uturoa), we found a man with a boat and negociated a half day motu trip without stopping at a pearl farm (the other passengers did) and enjoyed it immensely.

You are correct, the self-service laundry is across from 7076. It is small and doesn't have chairs or anything, so you don't have people hanging around waiting on their laundry to finish. Both times I used it, there was no one else there. I doubt seriously that it will be a problem.

Archived