Civitavecchia, The Vatican, Castel & the train

cwistyred

Forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious and I am just not seeing it. After our cruise ends in Civitavecchia, we would like to take the train into Rome as we are staying for a few days after the trip. Our hotel is east of the Vatican and just north of the Castel San Angelo. In your opinion what is the best way to get to our hotel using the train? is the Metro involved? Has anybody stayed in the Prati area? Also going from this area to FCO without taking a cab, our flight is early in the morning, any suggestions of buses or services anyone has used?

Thank you for any advice

The closest train station is San Pietro; however, you can't often find a cab at this station. To walk from here to your hotel would be more than a mile, too much even with minimal luggage. The only bus line that services this station is the #64, which would get you to a point about a half mile away.

I think your best option is to take the train to the Roma Trastevere station, where there are always taxis waiting. This station is about equidistant to your hotel as Termini, but you get there 10-15 minutes earlier.

You could take public transit from the Trastevere station to your hotel, but this would require a change from the tram to a bus at Largo Argentina.

Archived