ventura 7th april n307

Roaming Rover

anyone been on this cruise at that time of year.will it be warm enough to sit out on deck. first time on ventura has anyone any tips for this ship ,also first time in an inside cabin D123 hope ok previous cruises been inside and balcony but price too good to miss for inbetween holidays.:)

Is it the Med or Canary Islands. I sailed on the Ventura in April two years ago. I sailed to the Canary Islands but had a few stops, Vigo, La Corunna and Lisbon before reaching the Canaries. Weather was pretty good for April and I spent quite a few of the days sunbathing on deck. Hope you have a good time.:)

hi trish thanks for that may take sunbathing gear after all . we sail southampton day at sea then vigo then lisbon then oporto then la coruna then day at sea back to southampton just a quick cruise in between holidays laugh . have you any tips on the port of calls also marco pierre white is on board doing a talk and wine tasting is it worth going in his restarunt:)susan:)

We're on this cruise too. Some sunshine would be really nice, but I won't be too disappointed if it's rainy! We have had an inside cabin on Ventura before on our last cruise and thought they were very well designed, lots of hanging space, and bed very comfy. That was on B deck, this time we are on C deck in an inside cabin again, well 2, 1 for us and 1 for our sons.

I did find Ventura's layout quite confusing and was usually walking in the wrong direction...!! I think perhaps I am directionally challenged! We really enjoyed the Headliners shows in the theatre. Be aware that one of the restaurants can only be accessed from the aft stairs/lifts, this is where afternoon tea is served, not to be missed!

Don't know what the food and wine element to the cruise will be, looking forward to trying The Glass House though!:)

hi trish thanks for that may take sunbathing gear after all . we sail southampton day at sea then vigo then lisbon then oporto then la coruna then day at sea back to southampton just a quick cruise in between holidays laugh . have you any tips on the port of calls also marco pierre white is on board doing a talk and wine tasting is it worth going in his restarunt:)susan:)

We just did our on thing at the ports. Did get the ship's shuttle bus into Lisbon town centre which was our favourite port of the cruise. There were long queues for the bus, so we went for a walk along the river then came back, by which time they had gone down. You must either be up early to see the sail under the bridge at Lisbon or when you sail out. The ship looks as if it isn't going to fit under the bridge and you hear the loud rumbling of the vehicles. Get your camera ready. The sailaway from there is really good fun today. The day we sailed from Lisbon was Ventura's birthday. Apparently there is a very nice beach at La Coruna but we walked in the wrong direction and didn't find it.:rolleyes: There are little trams/buses that take you around the town.

It rained slightly in Vigo so we walked into the town and had a look around C and A.:) Although the temps were pleasant we did get our warmer weather in the Canaries. We did sit out on deck from the 2nd day which was nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, We are on this cruise also, we usually take a cruise in March/April to the med and touch wood the weather has always been good.

We've sailed Azura and arcadia before but not the Ventura, being its sister ship I presume it will be akin to the Azura inside, which is really nice.

We have always bypassed the ports we are visiting so we are really looking forward to stopping in Lisbon etc.

Hi. We sailed on the Ventura 3 years ago. Cabins were very spacious. Marcos restaurant - beautiful interior but food was better in formal dining. Maybe they have new chef !!!! Have great trip on a great ship. My favourite. Xx

• 1 month later...

Hi all - I am also on this cruise with my two teenagers. We are in an inside cabin on C deck. Having done a mini cruise on her last July, I am looking forward to seeing the effects of the refit. Looking forward to seeing the Glass House and Marco for sunset strolls round the deck. In my dreams! Weather doesn't look too great at the moment! :(

anyone been on this cruise at that time of year.will it be warm enough to sit out on deck. first time on ventura has anyone any tips for this ship ,also first time in an inside cabin D123 hope ok previous cruises been inside and balcony but price too good to miss for inbetween holidays.:)

Just clocked which cabin you're in. This was ours in July last year. Only thing I would say that on the first night we were tired and went to bed early and the noise that struck up from the Entertainment in the Arena Theatre was incredible. (I think there's some sort of air vent behind this cabin). I went to complain and was told it would end promptly at 2300 hours so we endured about 45 minutes of racket and then it went deadly quiet as promised. Other than that no issues at all with this cabin.

Oh and meant say I don't think it's going to be sunbathing weather so whether we get to sit out on deck is 50/50 I reckon!

Just clocked which cabin you're in. This was ours in July last year. Only thing I would say that on the first night we were tired and went to bed early and the noise that struck up from the Entertainment in the Arena Theatre was incredible. (I think there's some sort of air vent behind this cabin). I went to complain and was told it would end promptly at 2300 hours so we endured about 45 minutes of racket and then it went deadly quiet as promised. Other than that no issues at all with this cabin.

THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE SINCE BEEN MOVED TO C DECK WHICH SOUNDS LIKE A LUCKY ESCAPE . . . .LAUGH:eek::eek::eek:

Archived