Early Check In Miami hotels

Ragdollbd

My sister and I have booked a cruise in May and would like to know if there are any hotels that have early check in. Our flight arrives at 11:30 a.m.(Miami International Airport) Looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise that allows early check in so we could spend the afternoon sight seeing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.:)

My sister and I have booked a cruise in May and would like to know if there are any hotels that have early check in. Our flight arrives at 11:30 a.m.(Miami International Airport) Looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise that allows early check in so we could spend the afternoon sight seeing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.:)

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We usually arrive before 11:00 and check right in. When I make reservations, I put in a request for the early check in, plus I signed up for their Priority Club so those factors together may be why we are able to do so.

The HIPOM is about 20 minute taxi ride from the airport. It is right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. There are lots of kitschy little shops, restaurants, and bars. It's a great place for a bite and to people watch. There was entertainment at night the last few times we were there.

It is also a five minute taxi ride to the port. We request a room on a high floor overlooking the port-it's really cool watching the ships come in at 5:00 am.

I am sure you will get lots of other recommendations.

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We usually arrive before 11:00 and check right in. When I make reservations, I put in a request for the early check in, plus I signed up for their Priority Club so those factors together may be why we are able to do so.

The HIPOM is about 20 minute taxi ride from the airport. It is right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. There are lots of kitschy little shops, restaurants, and bars. It's a great place for a bite and to people watch. There was entertainment at night the last few times we were there.

It is also a five minute taxi ride to the port. We request a room on a high floor overlooking the port-it's really cool watching the ships come in at 5:00 am.

I am sure you will get lots of other recommendations.

Thank you very much for all your help. I was looking at the same hotel you mentioned, it's looks amazing. Thanks again!

Not specific to Miami but my experience has been that I call the hotel 2 days before my arrival and explain what time we expect to arrive, 99% of the time we have arrived at the hotel and our room was ready. We have even seen others in front of us in line been told their room is not yet ready and ours was :rolleyes:. We also are members of the different point programs for all the major chains and I make sure those numbers are in the file.

Good luck and remember, worst case scenario is they will store your luggage for you until your room is ready. They will often issue you a temporary room key that will allow you access to the pool area and health club while you wait.

Depending on the availiblity, you sometimes can get assigned a room early. We have and have not. If busy season, not as easy.

However, any hotel you book will take your bags so you can sit at the pool and rest, walk, go out for lunch whatever. If you have a cell phone, have the desk call or you can check in periodically if you want to know when the room is ready.

Archived