live from Millennium - Asia

ghstudio

Wonderful movie! We are sailing next February and it excited as well as informed us of some of the great things to see and do. I also would like to know if you were on a tour (operator?) or all on your own.

Thanks' date='

Lew[/quote']

Just in case tomtit checks back in I would love an answer to my question.

Enq with Smile for Dec tours. A bit apprehensive about paying deposit of 25 percent of cost via Western UNion transfer. Then they want the balance at the first tour start. Did any of you do the same? WAs all OK Thanks Jennifer

Enq with Smile for Dec tours. A bit apprehensive about paying deposit of 25 percent of cost via Western UNion transfer. Then they want the balance at the first tour start. Did any of you do the same? WAs all OK Thanks Jennifer

Yes, that's their procedure and it worked flawlessly for us. Instead of western union, it might be cheaper to do a bank transfer which is what we did.

I agree with Doug of ghstudio. We too used Smile tours. Sent the deposit via Western Union, paid the balance during the first tour and all the rest of the tours were excellent without any financial problems. The guides were excellent, knowledgeable and flexible. However, understand that in Vietnam there seems to be little regard for the rules of the road. Factory installed seat belts were also missing.

My suggestion is to get Mrs. Thi to put in writing that all vans will have working seat belts, and if they are not working, you have the right to withhold a certain percentage of payment. Something needs to be done to discourage the active removal of factory installed seat belts in her vans. Not every passenger may use the seat belts, but they should be there for those who do want to use them.

• 1 year later...

Have been reading about Asia on here. Heard about "Enrichment Journeys" which uses Millenium ship for cruise portion. There is also a land portion. They are departing November 2015. Can anyone advise me on weather at that time of year and any comments about this company. thank you,