Conrad

bling19572010

Has anyone stayed at the Conrad in Puerto Rico recently? How was your stay? Were the rooms nice and clean? Service? Also, is there a good restaurant close by for dinner and breakfast? Thank you!

Can you get food and drinks on the beach?

I was there Jan 4 of this year and 2 nights Dec 2011. Both won on Priceline. I understand the mixed reviews, the rooms vary quite a bit. Last year we had a huge, oceanview room with a massive bathroom, this year we were in the building across the street and the room and bathroom were much smaller. It was adequate for what we paid ($100), would have been disappointed if I paid the full rate. The rooms are clean, there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance. I am not sure about food and drinks on the beach. The short time we were there I didn't see anyone offering them.

I love the Conrad-have stayed there twice, the last time in April. The service is good, the rooms are clean, and they have excellent restaurants on site and within walking distance. It is a very nice facility

The ocean front part is rocky, not meant for swimming, but they have a protected cove beach on one side that is nice and calm and good for swimming. They have 3 pools on the premises and very nice grounds. It is located right across the bridge from the Pan Am pier in Condado.

What restaurants are good that are within walking distance of the Conrad and that would be wheelchair accessible? Thank you!

There are quite a few restaurants on the premises and all should be wheelchair accessible. I've eaten at the Cafe Caribe on the 5th floor, which is a casual fare, light meal place. Everything I've ordered there has been good; we mostly stick with sandwiches, soup, or salad here. It has a fabulous view of the ocean.

The other restaurant was located on the lower level of the hotel (in the building across the street from the main building, I think) and I can't remember the name, but it was quite good and a larger selection of menu items for dinner.

A surprisingly good choice for breakfast is the Dennys which is located on the street level of the building across the street. This is not your typical Dennys; it has an upscale decor, great wait staff, and excellent food.

A short distance up the street are quite a few other restaurant options. I've only eaten at one of them because we love the view so much from their ocean front windows, we don't want to go anywhere else. It is called Hacienda Don Jose. This is a very casual restaurant with typical Mexican and American menu choices. We always go for breakfast and the meals are good. Try to get an ocean-front table for the best views. On nice days, the open the windows for a great breeze and lovely view. I believe that this restaurant is wheelchair accessible and an easy walk on a level sidewalk. There are quite a few other restaurants close by that I've read good reviews on but haven't tried them yet.

I think that is you do a little exploring, you will find quite a few choices to your liking from laid back casual to elegant and upscale. The people at the concierge desk are very helpful and can probaly give you some dining ideas also. Taxi's are always available in the front of the building, if you want to eat somewhere further away, but we've always found plenty if excellent options within easy walking distance (or on site).

I am pretty sure that the Howard Johnson that is in the bay tower of the Conrad, on the ground floor would be accessible. It just opened about a year ago.

I believe you are referring to the Denny's. There isn't a Howard Johnson's there. The Denny's is quite nice and I enjoyed eating there.

I believe you are referring to the Denny's. There isn't a Howard Johnson's there. The Denny's is quite nice and I enjoyed eating there.

Whoops! Of course you are correct. I got my chain restaurants mixed up!

We stayed at the Conrad 12-22-12 through 12-30-12. We were in the bayside tower, but our room had great views of the ocean in either direction from the balcony. The rooms were clean and the service was good. Food/drink are available on the beach. Loungers are available at no cost to hotel guests. We ate at the Cafe Caribe--it was OK; at Pikayo--the food was superb; and at Denny's--the food was good, the portions too big, but the service was SLOW!!!! There are plenty of good choices within walking distance. We enjoyed Ropa Vieja and Yerba Buena (a longer walk) and Mike's Pizza. Taxi fares are by zone and most everywhere we went was $12.00. I would definitely return to the Conrad!

Archived