The "Fun Ship Glass". Is it worth it?

lola4795

Is the refillable 15oz Fun Ship Glass a good deal? I just read on the goccl site that you purchase it (with a drink?) for $7.50. After that, drinks are $6.75. Is the glass the same size that you would get a normal drink?

I know I've seen the answer to this somewhere, but since the search is down at the moment, I'll ask again... :)

Value-wise/size-wise, can't really answer. But as far as being a neat souvenir, it's worth it. We have ours on top of the fridge (along with other souvernir cups/glasses we have gotten on various trips/events) and it's just a nice reminder of places we've been, memories we've made, etc.

:)

Is the refillable 15oz Fun Ship Glass a good deal? I just read on the goccl site that you purchase it (with a drink?) for $7.50. After that, drinks are $6.75. Is the glass the same size that you would get a normal drink?

I know I've seen the answer to this somewhere, but since the search is down at the moment, I'll ask again... :)

I don't know about "worth" it - but for us its just part of the "embarkation experience". Besides I would much rather walk around with a plastic DOD glass instead of the real glass ones that you get as the alternative - even if its not a "deal". Kinda the better safe - than sorry approach... ;)

I think the OP is talking about the one's you can buy with the endless bubbles program.

Ohh! If they're talking about that cup with the lid that you can purchase with the bottomless bubbles, my daughter says it is definitely worth it. She takes it on every cruise we go on and they refill it every time, for the same price as a regular coke in one of the smaller glasses. She says it will hold a full can of coke and then some. I don't remember the initial cost of it though, but I do know the refills are the price of a single order of soda - 2 dollars and some change if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your replies! I was, indeed, talking about the glass ones not the plastic. After thinking about this for a while, I'm not sure I would want to bother with remembering my glass all the time. Probably not worth it for me! :)

If you're talking about the DOD colorful plastic cups, they are neat souvenirs, esp for kiddos. She loves to drink out if it with a crazy straw at home. I use another one for a pen holder on my desk. Neat little vacation reminder when I'm working extra long nights. As far as needing a new one each cruise, I don't really see the point unless you just do, then why not????

If you're talking about tumbler for sodas it was nifty to have esp when heading back to the room for the night. We each had the BB card and bought the tumbler. We used the heck out of it. But you're not obligated to use it when you want a drink. You can still use your card without it of course!!!

Also, sidenote, if you want one of the DOD cups but not the drink they can be purchased by themselves. We dont usually drink except for our embarkation fun ship, but picked up the disco ball and the whale tail I think...big hit with my daughter's friends when they come over!

Have fun!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you're talking about the DOD colorful plastic cups, they are neat souvenirs, esp for kiddos.

This is why I love me some Carnival!

Talk about a bargain deal ... plastic refillable alcohol beverage cups that double as a souvenir for kids. Life can't get any better!

This is why I love me some Carnival!

Talk about a bargain deal ... plastic refillable alcohol beverage cups that double as a souvenir for kids. Life can't get any better!

Not all ships have these anymore. They are slowly phasing them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

The DODs are probably included in the Cheers program, just not the cups. The DoDs can be ordered without the souvenir glasses by anyone at anytime, so they will probably just serve them.in regular bar glassware. I don't see why they wouldn't be included.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Archived