Sonny binn's tour - aruba

I found the name Sonny Binn's here on CC and people were very satisfied with his tour.

He does not have a website but I liked the look of his tour.

I have tried to book for Tuesday 29th January and here is the reply I got from him.

Hi Lorraine,

I have a bus that carries 25 passengers, so I normally do tours with minimum 6 people. I can book you tentatively hoping that there will be more requests as date approaches. The places of interest on the itinerary are the Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Natural Bridge and the Rock Formations. There will be other photo stops along the way, including the beautiful coastline. The tour is 3 hours long and the cost is US$30.00 per person. I do not have a website as yet.

Thank you,

Sonny

So if anyone would like to join us please contact Sonny directly.

Here is a post found on CC on the Ports of Call forum

Highlight of our Cruise!!! We just got off the Carnival Valor and used Sonny Binns Tour for an Island Tour. He was the highlight of our cruise!! He picked us up at the port in 2 beautiful buses (we had 38 people) and we toured the island of Aruba for 4 hours ($30.00). Best $30 I've ever spent! Sonny was so informative, funny and you could tell he absolutely LOVES what he does! The tour brought us to the Light House, The Alto Vista Chapel, Baby Bridge and beautiful beaches. He even dropped some of us off at the beach and took the reaminder back to the ship. He was back on-time to bring us back to the ship. He always had a smile on his face and is a TRUE Aruban Ambassador!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

He does not have a website (working on it) but can be reached via email: binns.tours@yahoo.com or 297-568-2028

I would HIGHLY recommend Sonny!!!!

I dont think there is any need to book

its very easy to just get on one if the safari buses that line up in the port for island tours....they all do pretty much the same tour (lighthouse, rock formations, gold mine etc) then will either drop you at the beach or drop you back at the port

you could get out on the dock early and ask for Sonny....he will probably be filling up his bus....they dont go untill the bus is full

I cant remember the price? sorry? but cheaper than the ships island tour

hope this helps

Hello, you just need to get off the ship and there will be buses waiting. If I remember correctly, Sonny is one of them. We were there approx 3 years ago and all the Caribbean islands charged around $20 per person. Don't need to book any expensive trips!

Aruba is lovely, very different to the other islands. Enjoy!

Thanks for your replys everyone. I have just had an email from Sonny and he said as yet there have been no "bookers" for his excursion, so he won't take an actual booking from us.

But I guess you are right and he may be there on the day, looking to fill his bus?

Now I know there are many more options I am pleased.

Only two more sleeps...must get on with the packing.

Lorraine

• 7 months later...

Ask him if it's a former American school bus with the windows removed.

That's what we did for Aruba with Princess - just walked off and there it was, taking on passengers on a walk up basis.

$30 a head if I mind right - well worth it.

The three double front seats on the right had been removed and a big sound console with speakers installed - we got plenty of reggae music on the trip although the teenage DJ and general goofer had a weakness for "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" which he played several times.

The driver/tour guide also entertained us with Caribbean patter.

Ask him if it's a former American school bus with the windows removed.

That's what we did for Aruba with Princess - just walked off and there it was, taking on passengers on a walk up basis.

$30 a head if I mind right - well worth it.

The three double front seats on the right had been removed and a big sound console with speakers installed - we got plenty of reggae music on the trip although the teenage DJ and general goofer had a weakness for "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" which he played several times.

The driver/tour guide also entertained us with Caribbean patter.

thanks!

How long ago did you go? Yes, we're under the gun but we've been under some stress from family issues that trumped this (hubby has cancer for one) but we're determined to squeeze every last drop of fun we can while we can. Memories, you know?

thanks!

How long ago did you go? Yes, we're under the gun but we've been under some stress from family issues that trumped this (hubby has cancer for one) but we're determined to squeeze every last drop of fun we can while we can. Memories, you know?

The date is on my signature block below - or whatever it's called.

If you are travelling from Washington State to the east coat of the USA to join your cruise you'll have more or less the same distance to fly as we did from Scotland.

Incidentally I think you've stumbled on to the wrong site - no worries, we're all here to help.

Archived