Detail Oriented Atlantis Information Requested...Please

Glamourgal

Hi, I'm a very detail oriented person and like to make all my plans ahead of time and know exactly where I'm going...With that being said I do know that there are circumstances that things can occur to change your plans but I like to know I'm on the right path if everything goes as planned.

We are a group of 4 adults looking to do the aquaventure pass, pools & waterpark, digs etc. I believe this is now $125 per person for the time we are going to be there, May 22?? We will most likely take a taxi from port directly to the Atlantis. Is this still $4 per person each way?? We are contemplating renting a room at the Comfort Suites and was quoted a price of $481.12 AAA rate, all taxes/fees included...this seems a little high to me but I called the Comfort Suites and went on line and this was the going rate as of today, 1/21/13...it comes to $120.28 per person...Here is my question...because it is very close to the $125 rate that Atlantis charges, is it worth it to rent a room, (we will not be using) rather than going directly to the Atlantis?? If we do rent the room, how far is the walk from the Comfort Inn over to the Atlantis? Do we still have to wait in line to get the wristband for the Atlantis activities at the Atlantis we want to do or are we given the wrist bands at the Comfort Inn? We are going to be in port from 7 AM until 4 PM...What time would you suggest we leave the ship to get to the Atlantis? I know the waterparks do not open until a little later but will the ticket booth be opened earlier so we can purchase our tickets and walk around a bit? What time do you suggest we leave the Atlantis if we are taking the taxi back if our ship is due to leave port at 4PM...I know we are supposed to be in line no later than 3:30?? I've read on here that some people called the Comfort Inn once they were in port, to get the daily rates, do most U.S. cell phones work there at reasonable rates without having International dialing on our plan??

That's it for now but I know as soon as I hit submit I will think of more questions!!

I warned you I was detail oriented:D Thanks in advacne for all your help!!

Hi, I'm a very detail oriented person and like to make all my plans ahead of time and know exactly where I'm going...With that being said I do know that there are circumstances that things can occur to change your plans but I like to know I'm on the right path if everything goes as planned.

We are a group of 4 adults looking to do the aquaventure pass, pools & waterpark, digs etc. I believe this is now $125 per person for the time we are going to be there, May 22??

The rate now is $135pp.. due to go up again in the summer. Day passes from Atlantis are available on a limited basis and are subjet to black out dates. They are first come first served. you can book in advance thru majestictoursbahamas.com Check the cancellation policy.

IWe will most likely take a taxi from port directly to the Atlantis. Is this still $4 per person each way??

Still $4 pp.

We are contemplating renting a room at the Comfort Suites and was quoted a price of $481.12 AAA rate, all taxes/fees included...this seems a little high to me but I called the Comfort Suites and went on line and this was the going rate as of today, 1/21/13...it comes to $120.28 per person...

Here is my question...because it is very close to the $125 rate that Atlantis charges, is it worth it to rent a room, (we will not be using) rather than going directly to the Atlantis??

It's a good way to guarantee access..

If we do rent the room, how far is the walk from the Comfort Inn over to the Atlantis?

It's across the dual carriageway roadway and up a short driveway. 5 minutes at the most if you don't take the short cut out the back door.

I

Do we still have to wait in line to get the wristband for the Atlantis activities at the Atlantis we want to do or are we given the wrist bands at the Comfort Inn?

CS gives you a card to bring to the Atlantis to get your wristbands. Wristbands are given out at 9am.. maybe a few minutes beforehand, but not early am.

We are going to be in port from 7 AM until 4 PM...What time would you suggest we leave the ship to get to the Atlantis?

8am would be a good time.

I know the waterparks do not open until a little later but will the ticket booth be opened earlier so we can purchase our tickets and walk around a bit?

No, last I was there they opened a few minutes before 9am for wristbands

You can walk around, but nothing is open until 9am.. pools open at 9am.. slides at 10am.

What time do you suggest we leave the Atlantis if we are taking the taxi back if our ship is due to leave port at 4PM...I know we are supposed to be in line no later than 3:30??

I would be in a cab at 3pm. Traffic can be terrible in nassau.

I've read on here that some people called the Comfort Inn once they were in port, to get the daily rates, do most U.S. cell phones work there at reasonable rates without having International dialing on our plan??

Only T mobile and AT&t phones work.. occasionally verizon. But you need International plan added to your services in order to use your phone. Calls are $2.29 per minute.

You can buy a calling card (available in the terminal) when you arrive (US cards don't work) and use it from a pay phone in the terminal or just outside the port.

That's it for now but I know as soon as I hit submit I will think of more questions!!

I warned you I was detail oriented:D Thanks in advacne for all your help!!

Things go very slow in the bahamas.. practice relaxing before you go :cool:

Things go very slow in the bahamas.. practice relaxing before you go :cool:

That is exactly why I like to get all the work/planning done before I go. I'm very relaxed on a cruise...I don't even like to have to think!!

Thanks so much Scubagirl for all the great information!! I know it will make my decision easier.

I am still a little confused about the $135 as after I posted this I called Atlantis to ask them what the fee would be in May and they told me $125...I have a feeling you are right though!!

Just one more scenario...If we were to book via Carnival it is now close to $180 per person but does include lunch. If we book with the crusie line though I fear we will be on a bus with 50-60 other people and the line to wait for the wristbands will be even more ridiulous and then we are on the time schedule of the cruise line???

I'm thinking the Comfort Inn Suites is the best way to go for us...that is where I'm leaning at this point. I did look at Majestic tours but I worry about the ship for some unforeseen reason not making it to port and being stuck with still having to pay for the Atlantis...CS told me that if the ship does not make it to port we will not be charged...decisions, decisions!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

There is now only two of us going so the Comfort Inn is out as it is too expensive for only two people...So that leaves either doing it on our own or doing it through Carnival but I think we will more than likely just do it on our own and take our chances, if it is sold out then we go to plan B!!

Archived