Bow cabins (4J) Destiny/Conquest class info please...

2Ports

Booking a B2B on the Sunshine tomorrow and seriously considering one of the cabins on Deck 6 & 7 that have the windows facing the bow. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has had one of these on Destiny or Conquest class ships.

TIA!

We did a B2B on the Triumph this last Sept. We were in 7202 which is a 4J. I must say it is a very small cabin compared to other cabins we have had in the past. There is about 18" on one side of the bed, and about 2 ft. on the other side. There is about 4ft. at the end of the bed. Very small desk area with a stool. I would post pics but my SD card is messed up and I can't access it. It was small and I wasn't real happy with it at first. I did warm up to it as time went by. It is a very long way to the back of the ship so be prepared to walk. My DW struggles to walk very fast so it was an issue. I love the location as far as the proximity of the forward deck access. Not very busy, but a great location at night to watch the stars. Very quiet area during sea days. I would book this area again.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise

Gary & Rox

Booking a B2B on the Sunshine tomorrow and seriously considering one of the cabins on Deck 6 & 7 that have the windows facing the bow. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has had one of these on Destiny or Conquest class ships.

TIA!

We're booked in a 4J on the Sunshine TA in November on deck 6. Had a 4J on deck 7 last November on the Breeze TA, and we've had them on other past cruises on the Liberty, we very much enjoy these cabin locations.

The cabin size was a non-issue for us, we just enjoy the forward view and easy access to the forward deck in front of the cabins. Our 7202 cabin on the Breeze had a couch, where other cabins don't. Some will also "caution" about the forward deck and how folks can look in the window, which is true, but never a concern for us. When dressed, we kept curtains open, if getting dressed or at night, curtains closed.

Walking to the rest of the ship behind us, no biggie, we are fortunate, no issues walking and rather enjoy walking to various areas of the ship. And of course, to me, these cabins are a "good value" priced as interiors with a daily uplift for the walkway view.

I'd love to get one of the new 4K's on Deck 3 .. I can see them on deck plans and in the cabin descriptions but have no clue how to book one.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/Sunshine/interactivemap.html

They are similar to a 4J but have the open port and starboard deck outside the window.

I'd love to get one of the new 4K's on Deck 3 ..

Those are on our list too.. but they all show as 4 person cabins so CCL usually won't book them for 2 this far out. Still, if they would book you in one and then need the cabin for a larger group, the only way to bump you would be up to cat. 6... :D

Those are on our list too.. but they all show as 4 person cabins so CCL usually won't book them for 2 this far out. Still, if they would book you in one and then need the cabin for a larger group, the only way to bump you would be up to cat. 6... :D

Hahahaha True but I can't even get a price for a quad. I have tried each booking rate and get nothing. I can get the interior pricing but not the obstructed w/ window on Deck 3.

Thought is would be nice to grab a drink from the atrium bar and sit out on the deck enjoying some quiet time in the late evening. The balcony without the added cost, LOL

I had a 4j on the Liberty last year. i was on deck 10 in one of the triangle shaped cabins (1004) and really liked the location. It was a bit of a hike to the MDR, but other than that And this will dound a bot odd, it seemed a good centralized location gor accessing most things on the ship. Having the window was nice, most times it was an ocean view.

Archived