Johnny Rockets menu- have questions

Does Johnny Rockets on the Voyager Class ships have the full menu or just a condensed version of their on land restuarants?? For example, do they have patty melts, all the hamburger versions, onion rings, sundaes, ice cream or just plain hamburgers and fries.

The menu seemed to include many different things. Chicken sandwich, dogs, burgers, fries, onion rings, etc. and the best shake that I have ever had!!!!!

Oh god, wasn't that the best shake known to man? Oh I swear I'd swim to a ship to get another one of those!

There were many different things, BLTs, hot dogs, patty melts, and other things. Plus, if you want a grilled cheese, for example, just because its not on the menu, doesn't mean they can't make it. :)

I am amazed that people are really this anal about the menu at JR's! Perhaps some of these people ought to swim a few hundred miles prior to eating that garbage in the first place! No offense, but worrying about JR's menu is bordering on the "too much information" idea.

I am amazed that people are really this anal about the menu at JR's! Perhaps some of these people ought to swim a few hundred miles prior to eating that garbage in the first place! No offense, but worrying about JR's menu is bordering on the "too much information" idea.

Excuse me Skipgil <cough, troll, cough>, but that is PRECISELY the reason for these boards...for people to share information with each other. You may think it is petty, but obviously this person thought it was important enough to post. I've seen similar questions about JR's posted in the past, so it appears that blueladybug isn't the only person curious about this.

Skipgil is just trying to get a reaction out of everyone. Just ignore!

Don't forget to try the warm Apple Pie alamode. I also had a Cherry Coke. We ate there 3 times for lunch on one of our cruises. Love the singing & dancing, also.

Gail

I had the chili cheese hot dog-to die for. Paired with the fries and O-rings and wahsed down with a big chocolate shake, mmmm.

Skipgil-when it comes to cruising, I don't think there can be too much information. And if folks want to know what the menu is at JR, then so be it.

Not much different from asking what the menu is in the DR, by the way.

Before my first cruise I practically got cold shouldered from my friends for asking too many questions of the cruisers among them. They thought it ridiculous I would want to know what brand of sodas they had onboard, among other things. Thank Heaven for these boards!! We like TO TALK ABOUT IT!!! Thats why most of us are here.

Then I would highly suggest that you skip this thread or any other that doesn't interest you. You must have better things to do.:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for answering my question. I'm so sorry that I offended SkipGal. I never even heard of Johnny rockets until I read about it on these boards as we don't have one near us. I was curious and went to the Johnny Rockets website to see what it was all about. I liked a few things I saw and wondered if they would have them on the ship. I skimp on food during most of the year and splurge when I'm on vacation.

Thanks again everyone!! I appreciate everyone's support and great ideas and information!!:)

Can you get egg creams. Can't get them here in AZ and I sure miss them?

Love these boards!

You must be a misplaced New Yorker like me (PA now) No egg creams here either. Our local supermarket was sellling them in the soda aisle, bottled, but dont remember who the manufacturer is.

I know people rave about the milkshakes, but that's because these fast food places all use some kind of mix nowadays. It shouldn't be rocket science (no johnny pun intended). Milk and ice cream, and maybe a little flavoring. It's time consuming to make, I guess, but still, there's no real trick to it.

How to make an Egg Cream (Brooklyn style):

http://www.brooklynonline.com/bol/trivia/eggcream.xhtml

Yeah, I can make milkshakes just as good as JR's at home...just a few scoops of ice cream and a couple of splashes of milk whizzed in the blender does the job. But, I think the trick is actually drinking the milkshake on a cruiseship while you can smell the fresh ocean breezes. I just can't replicate that at home. :D

You must be a misplaced New Yorker like me (PA now) No egg creams here either. Our local supermarket was sellling them in the soda aisle, bottled, but dont remember who the manufacturer is.

Yum! I had an egg cream one time, good stuff! I see that you're from Bethel Park, so I'm not that far from you (Mt Pleasant area)...do you remember what supermarket you saw them at? Thanks. :)

They were selling them at Giant Eagle in the South Hills. I did buy some, and they were pretty good. Of course, not as good as it would be on a cruise ship!!:D

Thanks! :) I will have to look for them.

Can you get egg creams. Can't get them here in AZ and I sure miss them?

You can easily make your own egg cream, and when you follow this recipe, it will probably come out better than one you get at a restaurant.

In a tall glass, pour 1/2 inch of Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup (As another poster said, it ain't a NY egg cream without that brand, but you can still use Hershey's or whatever.), 3/4 inch of whole milk, add carbonated water (seltzer) and mix briskly.

Oh My G-d, will they have salt and pepper of should I bring my own :)

p.s. what kind of napkins do they have?

Archived