Group Family Booking: How far do you plan out?

angelndscz

I am wondering how many other families plan this far out. LOL. My husband has brought up my suggestion to his family and they love the idea. I am hoping five years out, they can start saving for this trip as his family doesn't have a lot money for vacations.

Beside my family, there are 4 other relatives "families" I would like to joint us at a minimum (all relatives will receive an open invitation). Of these families 3 have never cruised before.

My idea is to book with a tour company, specifically for a Quinceañera cruise. If you google "quinceañera cruise" a couple tour companies will come up.

I have never booked with a group touring company like this and we have only been on one cruise. Any tips when planning/booking this? The companies look like they book a year out.

My daughter's birthday is March-2003 so summer 2018 she will be the year we would pick for this cruise (between 15 and 16 birthday). We don't live near DH family (they are Mexican and live in Michigan and Texas) so planning a non-cruise quinceañera seems stressful. I am not hispanic either so I would have to rely on relatives to assist. I think a group tour who does this all the time is a great idea.

I am slowly spreading the word among relatives that this is what we are planning. My daughter likes the idea and depending on who her BFF's are at the time we may allow her to invite one or more friends to join us.

Would you go all out for a suite? If my daughter comes with her friends, should they get a suite? I am debating what type of rooms we would want. I could stay in the room with the girls if needed, and the "boys" (my husbands and son wouldn't mind an inside room together).

For her actual 15th birthday, I may plan a mini-vacay to Miami to buy a Quinceañera dress. Or give her dancing lessons to learn all the Spanish dances (Her dad is 100% Mexican but we are not living immersed in a Spanish culture for her to know the dances. We live in the Surburbs of Tampa.)

Am I wrong to think all we would have to do is show up with DD, friends, relatives, and our formal wear and the tour group does the rest?

I want it to be fun for everyone that come with us.

Thoughts? Tips? What to expect from a tour company? Things to avoid?

Thanks in Advance!

I know I get a little excited over small things like planning a family vacation. Even vacations that are five years away. My life is extremely stressed out both professionally and personally so planning vacations gives me something to look forward to. :) I am also planning for our SIL and NIL family to come visit us this summer (From Detroit to Tampa). It will be NIL daughter's first trip to Disney.

Archived