Confused as to how cruise points accrue

EMED2010

After our 1st cruise I signed up for the Crown points. I thought that they would all go under my name since I booked the cruise. I had to sign my husband up and we each got the points. Now that we booked our 2nd cruise we each got the points added to our total.

So, my question is: What happens if we take our 2 kids on the next cruise? Would I have to sign them up or would my husband and I share those points?

Any explanations would be appreciated.

After our 1st cruise I signed up for the Crown points. I thought that they would all go under my name since I booked the cruise. I had to sign my husband up and we each got the points. Now that we booked our 2nd cruise we each got the points added to our total.

So, my question is: What happens if we take our 2 kids on the next cruise? Would I have to sign them up or would my husband and I share those points?

Each passenger (adult or child) accrues their own points. It does not matter who pays.

The points are per person and cannot be transferred. Your kids will earn their own points. That said, if you reach a C&A level (Gold, Platinum, etc...) and the kids don't have the qualifying points, they will also get that level as long as they are still living in your household. I'm not sure if there is an age cutoff.

The points are per person and cannot be transferred. Your kids will earn their own points. That said, if you reach a C&A level (Gold, Platinum, etc...) and the kids don't have the qualifying points, they will also get that level as long as they are still living in your household. I'm not sure if there is an age cutoff.

The age cutoff is 18 years, and Royal Caribbean reserves the right to take back points awarded for linked accounts of children and parents if the children have already turned 18. It's a pretty neat program. I love that they will do a status match.

• 3 months later...
Do you earn points per cabin per cruise? I've booked two cabins on Rhapsody for Alaska this summer. Do I get two points per night?

People, not cabins get points....each individual accrues 1 point per night, if enrolled

Do you earn points per cabin per cruise? I've booked two cabins on Rhapsody for Alaska this summer. Do I get two points per night?

Each passenger earns points for themselves only no matter who pays (just like airline frequent flyer miles). Are you staying in both cabins?

You get one point per night YOU cruise, or two points per night YOU cruise in a Junior Suite or above.

Each person in each cabin will get their own points regardless of whom paid or booked the cabins. i.e. mom and dad in one non suite for 7 nights and son and daughter in cabin 2. mom, dad, daughter, son will each earn 7 points. Mom cannot get 28 points instead and dad, daughter son, zero. Doesn't work like that.

As previous poster said, no transfering, no doubledipping. Each gets their own.

Are you staying in both cabins?

No, but I'm paying for them both. :rolleyes: That is why I asked the question. When you read the fine print in points it says you earn points for "each stateroom category paid" or something like that. And it also says the points go to the name on the reservation, which again is mine.

Thanks ever so much for clarifying.

No, but I'm paying for them both. :rolleyes: That is why I asked the question. When you read the fine print in points it says you earn points for "each stateroom category paid" or something like that. And it also says the points go to the name on the reservation, which again is mine.

To clear it up a little more...the name on the reservation is yours AND the other passengers. Your name is not down four times - only one of four ;)

Also, as a correction to my previous post...it is 1 point per night (if enrolled) and 2 points per night if booked in a suite. Sometimes there are specials, such as Diamond Celebration in December where diamond and above received 2 points per night or 3 points per night if in suite

I am a lowly Gold Member (my June cruise will be my third with RCI) and this will be my BF's first cruise. We do live together and therefore share the same address, will he get a Gold Coupon book too or is that only AFTER the first cruise?

Thanks!

April

I am a lowly Gold Member (my June cruise will be my third with RCI) and this will be my BF's first cruise. We do live together and therefore share the same address, will he get a Gold Coupon book too or is that only AFTER the first cruise?

Thanks!

April

I suspect you can be linked only after your boyfriend's first cruise, but I don't know for sure. I'd call Crown & anchor and find out for sure: 800-526-9723.

The "stateroom category paid" part is there because of the deal with earning double points with a suite. You get the points for the category for which you paid. So, if you pay for a normal cabin, but get a bit of luck and are upgraded to a suite, you still only get 1 point per night.

Thanks!

April

After

Archived