Moving the Elation

Mizzouaholic

Has anyone heard if there are any plans to swap out the Elation with a different ship in New Orleans? We cruise alot from the Gulf coast(New Orleans & Galveston) and it seems like the Elation has been at one of those two ports forever. We would like a different ship to change things up a bit.

I don't see the Magic listed in your signature. You could go on it out of Galveston for something different. There has been speculation from a few posters that Elation could get moved, but that it wouldn't be replaced with anything. Apparently, New Orleans hasn't been a hot port. They dramatically increased the supply, and demand hasn't caught up. They're having to lower the prices to fill the ships. Same with Galveston, as competition has moved in. One speculation is that Elation could get moved back to Galveston, then either Magic or Triumph get moved to Florida, along with some other shuffling, once the Fantasy is sold. But nothing is planned yet, nor is the possible sale of Fantasy a guarantee.

Yeah we plan on sailing the Sunshine and the Magic eventually, but we like to do 5 day cruises as well. It just seems like they could swap out the Elation with the Sensation, Fantasy, Inspiration, Fascination, or the Paradise. I would prefer they swap it with the Paradise, Inspiration, or Sensation as I have not sailed on those ships.

I don't see the Magic listed in your signature. You could go on it out of Galveston for something different. There has been speculation from a few posters that Elation could get moved, but that it wouldn't be replaced with anything. Apparently, New Orleans hasn't been a hot port. They dramatically increased the supply, and demand hasn't caught up. They're having to lower the prices to fill the ships. Same with Galveston, as competition has moved in. One speculation is that Elation could get moved back to Galveston, then either Magic or Triumph get moved to Florida, along with some other shuffling, once the Fantasy is sold. But nothing is planned yet, nor is the possible sale of Fantasy a guarantee.

My gut tells me that when the new ship sets sail in 2016 that the Fantasy will be gone and the new ship will head to Florida.

I remember reading on CC that the reason why the Elation was moved to New Orleans and the Paradise was moved to Tampa was because they are the only Fantasy class ships with azipods. The Fantasy class ships with azipods are more efficient than the ones without, so they wanted to move those ships to ports where the Fantasy class ships travelled the greatest distance.

Also, the Elation hasn't been home ported in gulf ports for very long. She arrived in Mobile in May 2010 and in New Orleans in Nov 2011. I know she sailed out of Galveston a while ago, but recently she hasn't been in the gulf for very long.

Well they Could (SHOULD) move Elation back to Mobile where it was in 2011. It hasn't been NOLA that long. I hated cruising out of NOLA. As you can see from my list, I'd rather fly somewhere else than drive to NOLA.

Well they Could (SHOULD) move Elation back to Mobile where it was in 2011. It hasn't been NOLA that long. I hated cruising out of NOLA. As you can see from my list, I'd rather fly somewhere else than drive to NOLA.

I wish they'd add Mobile back as a port too! We really liked cruising out of New Orleans. I think its a really neat experience cruising the whole first evening down the Mighty Mississippi.

Archived