Photo packages on Freedom Class, Indy.

Anybody have recent experience with a photo package, on a freedom class ship? We are taking the 3/16 IOS 8 day spring break cruise. I am guessing it SHOULD be the same on the same class of ship. This will be the first cruise with DD and she loves to pose and the camera loves her.

How much are prints on board, I've seen 8X10's are $20, but maybe there are specials??

I will likely buy a disc, I did this when we went to DisneyWorld and liked being able to put the pics they took in my digital album.

Would love to here any positives and negatives.

Thanks!:p

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering too. I think I am going to pre-order the unlimited package for our upcoming cruise. It is a lot of money but I have a 12yr old daughter and her friend joining us and all they can think about is getting dressed up for dinner every night and having pictures taken. It will be there evening entertainment, lol. We are traveling with a lot of friends & kids as well so we could end up with a lot of pictures as long as one of my family is in the pics with them :)

For now, we are thinking of doing the digital package without the prints. I know you can get a release to have them printed at home which would be much cheaper but I am wondering if anyone has had success getting them to throw in the prints for less than the price of an additional $100 near the end of the cruise. I suppose if we have 100 good photos it would be worth it but if there are really only 20 good ones, not so much at $5 each.

A co-worker of mine is sailing on the Indy on 2/24 the same date I leave on EoS. I booked my photo disc this morning- $279 for a nine night voyage. When we looked up her package, it was the same price for only 6 nights :eek: Didn't it used to vary based on length of the cruise? I know we're talking about a Freedom class vessel vs a Voyager class vessel but should that really matter?

For 9 nights, DH and I decided that it was worth it for us but she and her BF will not be doing the disc for only 6 nights at that price...

Anybody have recent experience with a photo package, on a freedom class ship? We are taking the 3/16 IOS 8 day spring break cruise. I am guessing it SHOULD be the same on the same class of ship. This will be the first cruise with DD and she loves to pose and the camera loves her.

How much are prints on board, I've seen 8X10's are $20, but maybe there are specials??

I will likely buy a disc, I did this when we went to DisneyWorld and liked being able to put the pics they took in my digital album.

Would love to here any positives and negatives.

Thanks!:p

Have you tried the link from the pre cruise planner? They will have a site that is hosted by the photography company. We had a 4 night, and the price was the same online as it was onboard.

Also, the card does act like a photopass on the ship for most of the time. You can go to the machines in the photo gallery and view them, purchase them, etc. The staff helped us use it to find what photo we were looking for. It was very easy.

Happy Sailing!

Archived