Falmouth - Iberostar Suites day pass

Duke95

We went to Falmouth on January 15 and got a day pass at the Iberostar Suites. I had called Iberostar previous and was told explicitly that we could get a day pass, that reservations could not be taken, and that we simply needed to show up and give them our driver's licenses and get some wristbands.

Well, it didn't go quite that smoothly but after talking with a manager, we finally walked through the lobby and into the pool area.

The main reason we wanted to stay at the Suites is because of the lazy river. Well, it was extremely lazy - so lazy in fact that the wind would blow us backwards on the river in certain parts and we would have to paddle to keep going the right direction. The liquor was disappointing. Mostly cheap local stuff but the red stripe was nice and cold and the beach was very nice with great palapas and nice beach chairs. The infinity pool was cold (certainly not their fault) but warmed up as we got properly lubricated by the drinks which just kept flowing.

Lunch was actually a very pleasant surprise to me. I really enjoyed the buffet style lunch with conch salads, fritters, a wonderful jerk sauce that I put on everything chicken, beef and fish. You could also get a burger but why you would when you have these other options I can't imagine. A corollary - another member of our party did NOT like the jerk sauce and prefers his jerk spice to be directly on the cooked meats. He thought the buffet was only average.

We paid $85 per person which I thought was a bit steep for what we got but it was an amazingly relaxing day and we had a great time - even the member of our party that drank a little too much.

If I did it again, I would probably not splurge the extra money for the suites pass and would probably just use the Iberostar Rose Hall property (which we also got access to with our bands). The infinity pool there was very nice as was the beach area. It was much more crowded.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When I was on the Allure our table mates went to the Ritz in Jamaica and had a great day. I always enjoy going to resorts and purchasing a day pass and enjoy reading the reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived