Inspiration Owner's Suite

tootsiescurly

I inquired about the owners suite on the Fantasy for our upcoming cruise in October. The quote I got was right about $8,400 for the 2 of us for a 7 day cruise....no way in heck would I pay that kind of money..lol...guess I will stay with our current room..but I figured it could not hurt to inquire.

We sailed in October last year. It was really big and the tub was huge. However, there is a life boat right off the balcony so you can't see right down into the water. Also, it definitely has seen better days since the carpet was stained in places.

I did a quick review on it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1729184

While CCL suites are nice the recent article by CC does not list any Carnival suite on the list of the best at sea. USA this week published a photo list of their choices and no Carnival suite was chosen. Bottom line is Carnival suites are not up to par with what the "Suite Life" should be. Check out the above references and compare, no comparison. I know some may cost more so don't go there.

We stayed in the Owner's Suite on Sensation a couple of summers ago. While the suite is beautiful, it is directly underneath the running track. Every night we had to deal with kids running on the track and either waking us up or keeping us up every night. Phone calls to the hospitality desk did not good. They said there was nothing they could do. If you value your sleep, I would not make that mistake.

While CCL suites are nice the recent article by CC does not list any Carnival suite on the list of the best at sea. USA this week published a photo list of their choices and no Carnival suite was chosen. Bottom line is Carnival suites are not up to par with what the "Suite Life" should be. Check out the above references and compare, no comparison. I know some may cost more so don't go there.

We were in the Haven on the NCL Epic in November. The butler was no big deal. We didn't ask him for much other than an occaisional breakfast in the suite. The food in the Haven Club was about the same as the food on Carnival. The concierge was helpful for restaurant or show reservations but we made some prior to our trip. The concierge lied when he said he did not get an email pre-cruise about the Chef's Table. The master bathroom in th cabin was awesome, as were the pillow selections. The Haven pool was nice, as were the bars in the Haven. The upcharge restaurants on the Epic were mediocre at best. Moral of the story - Carnival has priced their suites properly. You don't get many perks but what you get is nice. We paid considerably more for the 2 bedroom suite on the Epic. It really was not worth the extra money.That being said, we are going to try Celebrity because from what everyone has said Celebrity suites are worth every penny!

We always get a Grand Suite on the Inspiration and I've never seen the option of an Owners Suite. And I've never seen it on any deckplans. Where/what deck is it located?

There are actually two OS cabins, one on the port and one on the starboard, and they are available only with an upgrade call from Carnival. They're right across the atrium from the Spa, if you look at the deck plan you'll see a big blank area that faces the pool area with a semicircular face. That's where the OS cabins are. They do have a connecting door between both suites located in the closets so it is conceivable that someone could have both suites at one time even though they have the same layout, just reversed from each other.

We always get a Grand Suite on the Inspiration and I've never seen the option of an Owners Suite. And I've never seen it on any deckplans. Where/what deck is it located?

I don't think anyone answered this yet but the Owner's Suites (two of them) are located on deck 12 (Sports deck) overlooking the Lido pool. Here's the deck 12 layout with a red arrow pointing to the large, grey area where the suites are located. I put a red line down the middle to indicate that there's two suites. The diagram is kinda small but I didn't take the time to upload it to my Photobucket account. :o Click on the image and it will open in a new window, larger. (Edit: Oops, looks like CoffeeGoddess answered also a few minutes ago).

2070928591_CCLOS.jpg.81e99b35f5395d2666c37e6613cf689a.jpg

Edited by joepeka

We had the Owner's Suite on Fantasy in 2011. Unbelievable - it was larger than our first apartment.:D DH got the call from the upsell fairy; if I got the call I probably would have said "thanks, but no thanks" - but he really wanted to go for it. We only one day with an early-morning runner on the track above us, so the track wasn't an issue.

We stayed in the Owner's Suite on Sensation a couple of summers ago. While the suite is beautiful, it is directly underneath the running track. Every night we had to deal with kids running on the track and either waking us up or keeping us up every night. Phone calls to the hospitality desk did not good. They said there was nothing they could do. If you value your sleep, I would not make that mistake.

We sailed in the Owner's Suite on the Inspiration, while travelling with 24 family members. My nephews thought it was funny to jump up and down on the track directly over the bedroom at 7 am.

Interestingly that is the only noise that was bothersome to us.

Kevin C

There are actually two OS cabins, one on the port and one on the starboard, and they are available only with an upgrade call from Carnival. They're right across the atrium from the Spa, if you look at the deck plan you'll see a big blank area that faces the pool area with a semicircular face. That's where the OS cabins are. They do have a connecting door between both suites located in the closets so it is conceivable that someone could have both suites at one time even though they have the same layout, just reversed from each other.

I don't think anyone answered this yet but the Owner's Suites (two of them) are located on deck 12 (Sports deck) overlooking the Lido pool. Here's the deck 12 layout with a red arrow pointing to the large, grey area where the suites are located. I put a red line down the middle to indicate that there's two suites. The diagram is kinda small but I didn't take the time to upload it to my Photobucket account. :o Click on the image and it will open in a new window, larger. (Edit: Oops, looks like CoffeeGoddess answered also a few minutes ago).

Thanks, you two for the info. All the times I've sailed on the Inspiration (and the Paradise before that) and I never knew those suites were there. Would LOVE to get that upsell call. (Actually, we have never, ever had an upsell call...on for any cruise, any line.)

Thanks, you two for the info. All the times I've sailed on the Inspiration (and the Paradise before that) and I never knew those suites were there. Would LOVE to get that upsell call. (Actually, we have never, ever had an upsell call...on for any cruise, any line.)

I think we got the upsell call because we always book suites plus our platinum status.

I think we got the upsell call because we always book suites plus our platinum status.

We've been platinum for a while and although we've never book suites on the 7 or longer night cruises (but we do book the higher category balconies), we have booked suites at least 7-8 times on the three night cruises. Wahhh....LOL

I really think that getting the upsell call is really the luck of the draw. (Thats what I'm going to keep telling myself so I don't feel neglected...LOL;))

We've been platinum for a while and although we've never book suites on the 7 or longer night cruises (but we do book the higher category balconies), we have booked suites at least 7-8 times on the three night cruises. Wahhh....LOL

I really think that getting the upsell call is really the luck of the draw. (Thats what I'm going to keep telling myself so I don't feel neglected...LOL;))

We've been called three times, and each time we had booked cabins that would be considered "desirable" - connecting balcony cabins on Miracle, an aft wrap on Conquest, and an ocean suite on Fantasy. I figure that's why we got the calls on those cruises.

We were offered both Owner's Suites on the Ecstasy, because we had booked two grand suites. It was fun, because we were on a girls' trip, but, honestly, we weren't even in them all that much. The best parts: the huge spa tubs and the view onto the Lido pool. After a couple of days of eating everything in sight, I didn't like the mirror over the bed :eek: We were also treated like rock stars at boarding and disembarking :cool: When we were leaving, they came and got us and our luggage and took us a secret way to the head of the line. That was cool. Also, people followed us into our suites several times, because they thought we were part of the spa. So, we gave them tours :rolleyes: A total waste of money, but it was fun.

We received a call from the up grade fairy this afternoon, offering us the owners suite on our Ecstasy cruise later this month. We booked two weeks ago in a balcony room. I did have to pass on the owners suite, I could not justify spending an additional $1750.00 for the four of us on something we would not be in all that much. I did however ask what she could offer us in a grand suite, for $500 we upgraded to that am think we will be very happy with the extra room!!:cool: