Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona

judatt

I know there are many threads on hotels in Barcelona. I have read them and they have great info. I didn't see this Hilton mentioned in any of them. I tend to default to Hilton since I travel for business quite a bit and am diamond and get treated pretty well most of the time at Hilton properties. I have a reservation at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona for 2 nights prior to a cruise.

After reading the many threads, I'm beginning to think we might be happier somewhere on Las Ramblas. We will be on a trip celebrating our 40th anniversary so I want to make this special. Anyone have any input on this hotel? Any advice on a very special place we might spend our 2 nights prior to boarding the Equinox?

p.s. I thought I had asked this somewhere else but can't find it so please forgive me if someone did previously respond.

The Hilton Diagonal Mar is close to the beach and a couple minutes from a metro station where you can take the metro to the city centre in about 15 minutes. There is also a very good bus service nearby. It is also near a large shopping centre.

It is a typical Hilton hotel but it is not in the city centre.

I see from other posts that you will be there in June. If you want something a bit more special for your anniversary, have a look at

Mandarin Oriental

It is a lovely luxury hotel. It is not on Las Ramblas but it is not far. A double room is about €500 a night.

Bagués

This one is on Las Ramblas. It is quite an unusual smaller hotel which is in the restored historic palace of El Regulador. Some people find it a bit dark in the hotel but that is what it is like in traditional Spanish buildings to keep them cool. A double room here is about €300 a night.

Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel

This overlooks the port and is about 5 minutes walk to Las Ramblas. A deluxe room is about €260 a night, or spoil yourselves in the Marina Suite for about €410 a night – that suite is really special with wonderful views.

foto_habitacion_marina_suite_2.jpg

foto_habitacion_marina_suite_3.jpg

Archived