Bar Hop/Mr. Sanchos

alimo84

Hi all :) We will be in Cozumel May 17 and are trying to figure out what excursion is best for us. We are a late 20's married couple from Louisiana who love to drink and have a good time, but to also relax!

We are torn between the Bar Hop and Mr. Sanchos. We had originally planned Nachi Cocom, but even though that's relaxing, I am more of a people person and enjoy people watching or mingling with new friends. Both have different appeals and I know all about the price difference and that's not really an issue, I just want opinions on the two. If you've done one or the other, or both, any information would be awesome! Thank you in advance :)

I think you'd have a blast on the BarHop. You'll definitiely be able to mix and mingle with others--of all ages with a similar interest. And see more of Cozumel than just another palapa dotted beach with screaming children.

While you'll be able to meet folks and have fun at Mr. S.'s (and they do have an A.I. that gets you away from the hoi-polloi) that's up more to you and whom ever is there that day. But there's a lot to keep you as busy as you'd want to be.

I think you'd have a blast on the BarHop. You'll definitiely be able to mix and mingle with others--of all ages with a similar interest. And see more of Cozumel than just another palapa dotted beach with screaming children.

I agree. We have hopped three times and look forward to #4 in the fall.

I think you're right :) Is there any time to get in the water or hang out on the beach?

Yes, except at stop #2 (Coconuts - it's on a cliff on the highest spot in Cozumel - great views). There is also a pool at the first stop. Tables, chairs, palapas, and bar service on the beach at stops 1, 3, and 4.

I have not done the bar hop tour, but did use a private driver for my wife and I on our last land vacation to cozumel. We went to basically the same places as the bar hop tour on the east side of the island. It was a great day and it is almost like a different island on that side...beautiful.

Mr Sanchos makes for a GREAT day as well though. The food was delicious and I'm not exaggerating. There are many options on the menu for both food and drink. You definitely get your money's worth...esp if you get there early. Our servers were always checking on us. At the end of the day everyone in and around the all-inclusive pool was very happy ;) and having a good time.

It depends what you're doing on your other port days. If you have a beach day at another port I would opt for the bar hop tour.

This is a very hard decision. Not sure what I would choose if I were you. At least you know that whatever you choose will be a great day.

this coming from a fellow Louisianian in cajun country

geaux tigers

Legolas, you just made it more difficult! lol We are doing Little French Key and cave tubing, plus the three at sea days, so I was thinking my husband might be tired of laying out with me by Cozumel :) I want to have a great time and let loose, but I don't really plan on getting wasted, just very happy! I have been to Cozumel two other times and done Isla Pasion by Twister and Chankanaab, so I thought the bar hop would be something different. It reminds me more of the Virgin Islands in photos I've seen, than of Mexico!

We went to Mr Sanchos last May...very nice. It was not crowded and we liked that. Kids had a great time as well as the adults in our group!!

Not to offend anybody, but were there a lot of kids? We don't have children yet and I don't have a huge tolerance for unruly ones, but I can tolerate well behaved ones having fun! I'm assuming because we're cruising before most schools are out, we shouldn't really have that problem!

Not to offend anybody, but were there a lot of kids? We don't have children yet and I don't have a huge tolerance for unruly ones, but I can tolerate well behaved ones having fun! I'm assuming because we're cruising before most schools are out, we shouldn't really have that problem!

My vote is for the Bar Hop!:) We went last year and had waaaayyyy more fun than what we ever expected. The scenery is gorgeous, met fun people from LA, went swimming in the ocean at one stop, BOTH of y'all can catch a buzz with no driving worries and one of the best parts !!! - no kids! YAY!

It's a win-win, especially if you already visited the calm side several times.

Bring plenty of cash because the other side has no electricity - a hurricane wiped everything out several years ago. Also, at the end of the tour, the driver will drop you off at your cruise port or downtown for shopping - it's your choice.

Believe me, you won't regret this choice.:cool:

BTW - no slams from others, please - but I thought Nachi was boring.:rolleyes:

Thank y'all so much for the responses! We did end up booking the Bar Hop and they were so quick to respond and get the date set up. The reviews are just too good to beat and we think after being on the ship and a private beach for one other excursion that this will be a fun change of pace :) So excited!

We are doing the Bar Hop on our March 30th cruise. Probably have been to Cozumel 5 or 6 times and have never seen the east side. It is just myself and my DS(19). I am so excited about this excursion!! Should be lots of fun!!

Please report back and let me know how it is :)

Is there a limited amount of time spent at each stop on the bar hop tour? Is there anywhere to snorkel at any of the stops?

Thanks

From my understanding there is 45-60 minutes at each stop. I'm not sure about the snorkeling, however, one of the stops has a pool and I was told we would have time to relax in it if we wanted :) Hope this helps!

Archived