Renew marriage vows

tkabrk

Has anyone renewed their marriage vows on a carnival cruise or in one of the port islands? We are thinking of doing this and wanted to get some feedback from others that had done it. Thanks.

We did it this past Nov on the Breeze and LOVED it. We would do it again in a heartbeat it was sooo worth it.

My 4 kids and I surprised my dw on one cruise - the only negative was that we renewed our vows after the 6:00 mdr meal - there was a bunch of food and no one was hungary - we had 19 guests plus ourselves - we kept it a secret from Nov until April - it was awesome and that is how we celebrated our 40th wedding annivesary

We did it this past Nov on the Breeze and , LOVED it. We would do it again in a heartbeat it was sooo worth it.

How much was it? What was it like?

I would like to do something like this on our 10 year anniversary cruise, but it will just be DH, myself and our 2 boys. Any suggestions?

Boy am I "dating" myself but here goes!

When we first started cruising (1970's) they had a Renewal of Vows ceremony on every sailing. There was no charge for this - of course, it wasn't fancy like the link above shows, but it was a nice thing to do. We got a certificate each time. We did it probably 5 times, then the ships just didn't do it anymore. Until now, I never realized it was offered as a "package". I should have known....

I think it would be a nice touch - but only if you had enough people to make it worth-while.

I found this on the Carnival website. Seems a bit pricey to me if you don't have a crowd.

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/renewalofvowinfo2012pdf.ashx

I was just googling info too. I was thinking the same thing, kinda pricey for just the 4 of us (and our boys being so young). Would be nice if we had more family with us. Would like to just have the pics, maybe DH and I will just break down and buy the photos from elegant night. :p

My daughter and her husband did a renewal of their vows last April. They actaully had gotten married that March but didn't tell most of the family so they thought they were getting married on the cruise. They did the Deluxe Package and even though it was a bit pricey it was worth it versus having an actually wedding which would have cost a lot more. We had 18 people and everyone really enjoyed the open bar for an hour along with the hot and cold canapes (which were really good). Theirs was held at 2pm we were on the Sensation. My daughter and her husband were extremely pleased with the way things went. Their ceremony was very similar to a wedding as her dad walked her in and gave her away. They had bridesmaids and bestman and ushers as well. The Captain did the renewal and was great he talked with us after the ceremony and was so friendly. We really enjoyed it. My daughter says the photos they took during the wedding were expensive they purchased a few of them and would have loved to have gotten more but just too much money.

How much was it? What was it like?

I would like to do something like this on our 10 year anniversary cruise, but it will just be DH, myself and our 2 boys. Any suggestions?

We paid $385 but I think it is a bit higher now but it was me DH and DD and then we invited a few from our roll call so we had right under 8 people we had a 2 tier cake, champagne and got to keep the cake topper and glasses and got a 8x10 and a sighned certificate and a rose for me and a rose for DH and a nice photo of the ship and an hour with the phtographer and a room for just us for an hour. It was so nice.

We renewed our vows in Dec at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. $500 for everything! Beautiful service, lovely beach.

WOW! how nice! great place for it!

Thank you to everyone that responded. I think I'll take this guy up on his offer to remarry me!!!:) Be there -- March 24th sailing!

friends of mine did it (we signed as witnesses) and it was really nice!!!

congrats again!

My wife an I renewed our vows in December on the elation, it was a great experience. It looks the price went up some from Dec. Unless you have enough people, and enough who can drink a fair amount in one hour, the DELUX package would not be worth it. The main difference between the the packages is the open bar for an hour, and a few more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived