'Falling' for the Adventure of the Seas Jan. 13, 2013

Fantastic review, thanks for sharing. We've done the same route on Adventure twice - awesome islands, your pic's brought back lots of great memories. We leave for San Juan in 6 weeks to board Brilliance, reading your review has made my day thinking about it!:)

Thanks for the great review. I'm impressed by the tone of this whole review as most individuals would have had a pity party about what happened to you. It is great to read about a trip that could have been a disaster had you let it, turn into a very unique experience.

My wife and I are sailing on the Adventure of the sea....stopping at many of the same ports as we sail across to Southampton on our Transatlantic cruise. Loved all the pictures as it makes reading so much better.

Here is the photo of the iguana 'bite'. The guide is trying to pry the iguna's mouth open & lure him away with lettuce. Paul said it ended up being nothing more than a scratch but obviously the iguanas will bite! :eek:

232323232%7Ffp4387%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A7%3A4%3B638324nu0mrj

OUCH! I hope this pic keeps John from "petting" these nice creatures in the future! Ouch Paul, ouch! I'm glad he was hungry for some lettuce :) :eek:

Fantastic review, thanks for sharing. We've done the same route on Adventure twice - awesome islands, your pic's brought back lots of great memories. We leave for San Juan in 6 weeks to board Brilliance, reading your review has made my day thinking about it!

Thank you! The itinerary is hard to beat! We can not wait to do the Southern Caribbean route again!

Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks so much for the review. I learned so much and will look at it again when we plan a similar itinerary in the future. I loved all the photos. Thanks for including them along with the interesting narrative.

You are welcome. Writing a cruise review is a great way to relive & document our cruise & hopefully help others with cruise choices. I love Cruise Critic & obtain so much valuable information from this wonderful site enabling us to make the most of every cruise!

Thanks for the great review. I'm impressed by the tone of this whole review as most individuals would have had a pity party about what happened to you. It is great to read about a trip that could have been a disaster had you let it, turn into a very unique experience.

My wife and I are sailing on the Adventure of the sea....stopping at many of the same ports as we sail across to Southampton on our Transatlantic cruise. Loved all the pictures as it makes reading so much better.

You are welcome. Put me on a cruise-ship & I am happy especially when the cruise is in the Southern Caribbean!!! :D

A Transatlantic sounds great! Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

OUCH! I hope this pic keeps John from "petting" these nice creatures in the future! Ouch Paul, ouch! I'm glad he was hungry for some lettuce

lol! I thought people were just kidding when they got back in the van talking about an iguana biting someone after the guide had just made such a point of the iguanas will not bite!

They said Paul just quietly told the iguana to "Let go". I would probably have freaked out. :eek: I am sure it was a good thing Paul stayed so calm!

We definitely made a lot of memories on this cruise, didn't we? :D

Thank you for your review and pictures. I enjoyed every bit. You had such a positive attitude throughout. That is great you made the most of your cruise anyways.

You are welcome. Any cruise is a good cruise! As soon as I get this 'torture chamber' immobilizer off I will be ready to go again! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi Juli, hope your feeling better by now. I just read your review, excellent job despite the injury. Looks like you had a great time. I see that after your Alaskan cruise you are planning a cruise to Hawaii. It's on our bucket list, it would be nice to cruise with you and J R again. :)

Say hi to J R for me, take care. Mike

I have really enjoyed reading your review--it has me so excited for our sailing on the Adventure next Sunday! Great photos and details, and I love the spirit and grace you showed despite your injury. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and from one scrapbooker to another--enjoy creating a beautiful album made with all these special memories!

Hi Juli, hope your feeling better by now. I just read your review, excellent job despite the injury. Looks like you had a great time. I see that after your Alaskan cruise you are planning a cruise to Hawaii. It's on our bucket list, it would be nice to cruise with you and J R again. :)

Say hi to J R for me, take care. Mike

Thanks Mike. I had plenty of time on my hands since my injury so writing a review helped me survive being 'down'. Your reviews are always AMAZING! I still love reliving our Miracle cruise through your review. :)

We had an absolute blast on this cruise & the Adventure of the Seas is an incredible ship. We are considering a re-do next Jan/Feb so I can get the true experience. :p

I think I finally have all of our excursions booked for Alaska but I have spent countless hours researching. It is amazing how soon some of the tours book up & we are not cruising until August.

Hawaii is definitely on our list for fall 2014 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Hope you & Tracy & the kids are able to join us.

Hugs,

Juli

Your review was wonderful. The photos stunning. But hey, let's talk about your swim suits...haha you have so many and they are so cute.

Just wanted to share that. :p

Thanks. I 'borrowed' a bunch of photos from my friend Robin this cruise. I usually take tons!

I have to admit bathing suits are my weakness & I usually buy one or two new ones for every cruise & we did four cruises last year. :eek: I love Dillards sales! :D

Juli

I have really enjoyed reading your review--it has me so excited for our sailing on the Adventure next Sunday! Great photos and details, and I love the spirit and grace you showed despite your injury. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and from one scrapbooker to another--enjoy creating a beautiful album made with all these special memories!

Thanks. Hope you have a great trip too but be extra careful on the sidewalks in San Juan! :p

I loved the Adventure. It is a beautiful ship. As I told Mike I am considering a re-do for our winter 2014 cruise. I really want to go back to Antigua & do the full circumnavigation on the Excellence since we did not get to complete it last time due to the mechanical failures plus it was sooo much fun. I also can not wait to go back to St. Lucia!

Thanks for the well wishes. I have been out of the immobilizer for a week now & still have eight weeks in a different brace but at least I am down to only one crutch now & I am really focusing on the exercises the therapist is giving me so I will be back to normal before long!

I love to scrapbook, especially cruises but I was so far behind on my other photos I still have our past three cruises to scrap. Looking forward to it! It makes me want to book more cruises! :D

Juli

• 4 months later...
Hi, We will be in your same promanade cabin April 9th 4 nits. Was the cabin quiet most of the time and did you hear music from Parades etc, often. Thanks Bill:cool::rolleyes::o

You could hear some noise from below especially the bass from the music but it was not bad. We loved the cabin & the location. I would book it again in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

Juli

• 1 year later...