Just Booked "Freedom of the Seas!

:) Well, I finally convinced myself to spend more on booking a cruise than I ever have before! Hope it's worth the extra bucks! Sail date is June 18, 2006.

I have cruised on Voyager, Explorer, Navigator and Mariner (all the voyager class ships on RCCL) so I figured I had to experience even BIGGER! (which almost seems impossible after being on the voyager class)

Anyway, the only cabins that were available for a OV balcony stateroom for a family of four when I booked was on deck eight, port side, near the very front. I've always booked near the middle of the ship, so this will be my first time this close to the bow. Any problems with this cabin location that you more experienced cruisers could share? If I have to I guess I could always request a different cabin location as they become available before my cruise date.

I'll be happy when RCCL provides pictures of the common areas of this ship. I assume this won't be until the ship is completed or near completion.

I just got my online price for Freedom, Promenade rm, for Oct. '06 & it's less $$ than Mariner! What a surprise! Of course now that I did that much, DH says No. It would be a 12 hr. drive or spring for air fare. He's prob. right, a Voyager is a Voyager for our purposes but that whirlpool jutting out over the water is so tempting!

Have a great time!

:) Well, I finally convinced myself to spend more on booking a cruise than I ever have before! Hope it's worth the extra bucks! Sail date is June 18, 2006.

Where is this cruise sailing? Caribbean?

That is going to be a beautiful ship :)

Archived