Saint John, N.B. - renting a car

che5904

Can anyone tell me if they have cars to rent near the cruise port. I've checked with Enterprise because they pick up and drop off, but they don't open until 9am and we arrive at 8am.

Thanks

We rented from Avis at 4 Water St--it is a 3 block walk from the Marco Polo cruise terminal.

Don't forget that St John is on Atlantic time.

Thank you they are 9am pick up too. Guess I'll have to rethink my plans.

Yes I realize it's Atlantic time thanks

Yes, but if you are on Carnival, they stay on ship time. So an 8am ship time arrival is 9am Atlantic time. So you will be fine.

Yes, but if you are on Carnival, they stay on ship time. So an 8am ship time arrival is 9am Atlantic time. So you will be fine.

really? our other cruises they changed. That's why you stated about Atlantic time in the first post. That would be perfect then, thank you.

Thanks I did do some checking after you posted and of course last summer is the only time I can check because the Glory is still going south right now. And everyone is saying the same as you are, that the ship stays on EST and not local time.

That is wonderful news to me and I thank you for pointing this out.

Hope you enjoyed your Canada/New England cruise last year, we are very much looking forward to it.

Again thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
carnival ships very rare change time to reflect island times.

glory WILL stay on New York time

LOL well actually Boston time, since thats where it sails from, but both are EST so all is good.

Thanks Serene, I just remembered our last 2 cruises where we appeared to be resetting our watches constantly. Only one of the ports we stayed on "ships time" and not island time. For a while I didn't know whether I was going ahead or back :D

LOL well actually Boston time, since thats where it sails from, but both are EST so all is good.

Thanks Serene, I just remembered our last 2 cruises where we appeared to be resetting our watches constantly. Only one of the ports we stayed on "ships time" and not island time. For a while I didn't know whether I was going ahead or back :D

was that on NCL

was that on NCL

Yes out of LA. It started because we were travelling from east (EST) to west. First time change was Chicago, 2nd was LA. Board the ship get notice on the first daily that says "advance your clocks forward one hour before retiring", then next port do not advance but "ship's time is one hr behind Mexican time", " the next day set your clocks back one hour tonight before going to bed", Then back to Chicago, change again, then home, change again.

Kind of left me with that old saying of a feeling "was I going up the stairs or was I coming down." :D:D

Archived