Platinum to cabins early?

Jabee

This is the first time I have cruised since all the changes in the VIFP program....is it true that Platinum members can go straight to their cabins and not wait util 2:00??

I would love to be able to board and ditch my carryons before I go to the lido....

Last month was our first Platinum cruise on the Sensation......as soon as we boarded we went straight to our room to drop off our carry-on bags. An employee stopped us in the hallway but I just showed her my platinum sail and sign card and we were allowed to keep going to our room

Last month was our first Platinum cruise on the Sensation......as soon as we boarded we went straight to our room to drop off our carry-on bags. An employee stopped us in the hallway but I just showed her my platinum sail and sign card and we were allowed to keep going to our room

Thats grrreat:D

This is the first time I have cruised since all the changes in the VIFP program....is it true that Platinum members can go straight to their cabins and not wait util 2:00??

I would love to be able to board and ditch my carryons before I go to the lido....

Only if a ship has faster to the fun is that available. On certain cruises, with all the people being grandfathered into Platinum, there is no room and you are sent back to the regular checkin and someone retrieves your cards from the Platinum checkin.

I suspect this will be a big problem with the swells of platinum people coming into the system.

My biggest problem with it - we are diamond, and we were told there was no more room in the VIP checkin room, and we had to get on the regular line.

They did give a zone 1 boarding card, but platinum boarded and then FTTF, and then diamond (us).....I do suspect this will become a problem with diamond passengers that are more vocal than we are.

Only if a ship has faster to the fun is that available. On certain cruises, with all the people being grandfathered into Platinum, there is no room and you are sent back to the regular checkin and someone retrieves your cards from the Platinum checkin.

I suspect this will be a big problem with the swells of platinum people coming into the system.

My biggest problem with it - we are diamond, and we were told there was no more room in the VIP checkin room, and we had to get on the regular line.

They did give a zone 1 boarding card, but platinum boarded and then FTTF, and then diamond (us).....I do suspect this will become a problem with diamond passengers that are more vocal than we are.

Wow.

I was afraid that this would be happening.

What port was it?

I have been platinum for a while, but it is going to be a long time or never before we reach diamond.

Still, I would not be happy being sent to the regular lines.

I know that some people say that they never have to wait, but pre-platinum we spent several hours standing in line more often than not.

. . . . . . .

Apparently Elation does, or did, not have fttf, in September anyway.

We went to our cabin to drop off our bags (we have done it before on other ships) but this time we really upset folks.

The cabin steward and some kind of supervisor came running all concerned and upset.

They did allow us to drop off our bags, but they were not pleased to see us.

I should have been embarrassed, but somehow I really didn't care.

Just said we were sorry and left.

Yes, on the ships that offer the FTTF program. Signs on the hallway doors to the cabins state that platinum, diamond & FTTF guests can go to straight their cabins, others must wait until 12:30 (that was on the Gory anyway). Appears they have moved up the time to get into all cabins by an hour or so, as it used to be around 1:30.

Apparently for past few years platinum staterooms get done first.

We have been getting on at 12 going straight to our stateroom and nobody says anything other than hello welcome aboard. Dropped off our stuff, sad hi to cabin steward and went to lido.

Only difference now is we get our luggage earlier.

Since CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE has arrived, the benefits are included as part of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club status.

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE has a Guaranteed Stateroom which states your cabin will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Have a fun cruise.

I am blown away by all of these changes. I last cruised barely 6 months ago, which isn't a long time, and I already see three major changes on this board that didn't exist when I cruised (unless I didn't know about them?): Cheers Program, FTTF and going straight to your cabin???

The last one has me the most confused. How are people going straight to the cabin? Even as platinum we weren't allowed to go straight to the cabin and that was because the cabins were still being cleaned. So what did they change? Did they stop allowing you to board as soon as the ship clears (which is why the crew was still cleaning...), or do they let you trudge through the hallways while the crew is still trying to clean your cabin?

And, being bumped from the VIP lounge because it's full, and being given a zone card? That stinks!

I'm off to read more about these changes. Thanks for the threads and info.

I am blown away by all of these changes. I last cruised barely 6 months ago, which isn't a long time, and I already see three major changes on this board that didn't exist when I cruised (unless I didn't know about them?): Cheers Program, FTTF and going straight to your cabin???

The last one has me the most confused. How are people going straight to the cabin? Even as platinum we weren't allowed to go straight to the cabin and that was because the cabins were still being cleaned. So what did they change? Did they stop allowing you to board as soon as the ship clears (which is why the crew was still cleaning...), or do they let you trudge through the hallways while the crew is still trying to clean your cabin?

And, being bumped from the VIP lounge because it's full, and being given a zone card? That stinks!

They have also changed the pricing categories for booking.

It's a whole new world apparently.:confused:

I think you are reading about one or two people's experiences perhaps. Although some beg to differ, it has never been a "rule" that platinum guests could go straight to their cabins. Some did, and had no problems. But that is not how it was supposed to be. Now with FTTF, platinum/diamind guests do have those same perks...going straight to their cabins, express luggage, etc.

As for the zone thing or VIP room being too full, that is not the norm in my experieces or in reading about most other people's experiences. In Miami for example, the FTTF guests go to a special check-in line, but they do not go into the VIP lounge, nor are they allowed to board before platinum/diamond guests.

So don't get too excited based on a couple people's comments about things that really are not the norm. There are always various situations and circumstances and glitches, and issues.....

I think you are reading about one or two people's experiences perhaps. Although some beg to differ, it has never been a "rule" that platinum guests could go straight to their cabins. Some did, and had no problems. But that is not how it was supposed to be. Now with FTTF, platinum/diamind guests do have those same perks...going straight to their cabins, express luggage, etc.

As for the zone thing or VIP room being too full, that is not the norm in my experieces or in reading about most other people's experiences. In Miami for example, the FTTF guests go to a special check-in line, but they do not go into the VIP lounge, nor are they allowed to board before platinum/diamond guests.

So don't get too excited based on a couple people's comments about things that really are not the norm. There are always various situations and circumstances and glitches, and issues.....

i'm not excited. Actually, the opposite, except for maybe the cheers program. you never answered the cabin question. out of consideration to let the cabin stewards do their jobs they asked you not to even try to get to your cabin. there are always rule breakers. but apparently now, it's a listed privilege so the question was why? what changed? are they delaying embarkation or do they just not care anymore if your in the crew's way. but, hey, thanks anyway

i'm not excited. Actually, the opposite, except for maybe the cheers program. you never answered the cabin question. out of consideration to let the cabin stewards do their jobs they asked you not to even try to get to your cabin. there are always rule breakers. but apparently now, it's a listed privilege so the question was why? what changed? are they delaying embarkation or do they just not care anymore if your in the crew's way. but, hey, thanks anyway

Do I sense some snarkiness? I was only trying to help out. I guess I must have missed your "cabin question". The platinum/diamonds to their cabins early rule changed when FTTF was rolled out. Only on ships with FTTF.... platinum/diamond cruisers also receive those same perks, such as going to your cabin early. They get those perks in addition to the other platinum perks (laundry, etc). They did this because it was seemed only fair to allow them the same perks as FTTF guests.

Embarkation is not delayed in my experience. The cabin stewards seem to focus on cleaning the cabins for platinum/diamond & FTTF first. They are also pretty strict about requiring all guests out of their cabins by 8:30 am, so this probably allows the stewards adequate time to get those rooms cleaned & ready for the next cruise.

FTTF availablility is limited on ships & supposedly based on the number of platinum/diamond guests, so I don't think there is a huge mass of cabins needing to be ready early, or thongs of people going to their cabins early. That's just my opinion though.

You may be able to go straight to your cabin but it does not mean it will be cleaned and ready. I am diamond and on my last cruise my cabin steward told me he was sorry my cabin was not finished being cleaned because every cabin he had was platinum and/or diamond. Which makes it almost impossible to have them already as soon as everyone is allowed to start embarking. I told him that was alright that I would be back about 2:00 so go ahead and finish all the others up first. He was very grateful. He said he wished everyone was that understanding. So I am sure he had already heard about it from someone else.

We are platinum and boarding the dream in November...between 11:30 and 12:00 I think..our cabin was not ready but the steward let us stow our carry ons in the closet....we then left and went to the lido to give them a chance to finish the cabin.

So many changes:eek: especially the pricing...almost Scary thinking about trying to do another booking....have to figure out all the pros and cons of this new pricing:confused:

We are platinum and boarding the dream in November...between 11:30 and 12:00 I think..our cabin was not ready but the steward let us stow our carry ons in the closet....we then left and went to the lido to give them a chance to finish the cabin.

So many changes:eek: especially the pricing...almost Scary thinking about trying to do another booking....have to figure out all the pros and cons of this new pricing:confused:

Do you know: If you don't book the ES price protection rate are you now out of luck if your price drops? No more adjustments or OBC if paid in full?

Do you know: If you don't book the ES price protection rate are you now out of luck if your price drops? No more adjustments or OBC if paid in full?

Kind of thought that :mad:......have been just surfing around thinking of a five day to key west in October out of either Jacksonville or port canaveral.... Waiting on the perfect price:D. Seriously...they have made it so confusing...I will be required to read the fine print and/or ask my pvp lots of questions:o:

If we see room steward we will ask if ok to drop off stuff in closet. We dont get in his way and we leave immediately so never thought it was a big deal to drop off early.

Learned about this unofficial platinum benefit on here some years ago and have done this for past 10 or so platinum cruises with no problems at all.

Kind of thought that :mad:......have been just surfing around thinking of a five day to key west in October out of either Jacksonville or port canaveral.... Waiting on the perfect price:D. Seriously...they have made it so confusing...I will be required to read the fine print and/or ask my pvp lots of questions:o:

I think i wrote that wrong. i can see how you easily read it the way you did. i actually don't know if this is the case, and was asking if you knew. my mistake, sorry.

i do know they started this fill out a "form" requirement that they never had before. it was in place my last cruise, and perhaps even the one before, but it never came into play for me bc my cruise was during summer and only went up in price, never down. but in the past when my cruises have gone down (most frequently with the off season sailings), it was a simple phone call and bam!, the adjustment was done on the spot. now i am wondering if you lose that completely (even if you have to fill out a form) if you don't book the ES rate (which no longer becomes available anyway the closer you get to sailing)

Do I sense some snarkiness? I was only trying to help out. I guess I must have missed your "cabin question". The platinum/diamonds to their cabins early rule changed when FTTF was rolled out. Only on ships with FTTF.... platinum/diamond cruisers also receive those same perks, such as going to your cabin early. They get those perks in addition to the other platinum perks (laundry, etc). They did this because it was seemed only fair to allow them the same perks as FTTF guests.

Embarkation is not delayed in my experience. The cabin stewards seem to focus on cleaning the cabins for platinum/diamond & FTTF first. They are also pretty strict about requiring all guests out of their cabins by 8:30 am, so this probably allows the stewards adequate time to get those rooms cleaned & ready for the next cruise.

FTTF availablility is limited on ships & supposedly based on the number of platinum/diamond guests, so I don't think there is a huge mass of cabins needing to be ready early, or thongs of people going to their cabins early. That's just my opinion though.

The ONLY items that those who are lucky enough to get FTTF are:

• Priority boarding, after Diamond, Platinum, and any Wedding Parties that might be embarking.
  • Priority dining, after Diamond and Platinum passengers.
  • Access to the Diamond and Platinum line at Guest Services.
  • Access to priority tendering, after Diamond and Platinum.
  • Access to priority debarkation, after Diamond and Platinum.

FTTF do not have access to the complimentary laundry, or any of the other Diamond and Platinum rewards - you have to earn those privileges by obtaining the required number of days at sea.

The ONLY items that those who are lucky enough to get FTTF are:

• Priority boarding, after Diamond, Platinum, and any Wedding Parties that might be embarking.
  • Priority dining, after Diamond and Platinum passengers.
  • Access to the Diamond and Platinum line at Guest Services.
  • Access to priority tendering, after Diamond and Platinum.
  • Access to priority debarkation, after Diamond and Platinum.

FTTF do not have access to the complimentary laundry, or any of the other Diamond and Platinum rewards - you have to earn those privileges by obtaining the required number of days at sea.

LOL!!! That is correct... not sure why you quoted me. :confused: I never emphasized anything to the contrary, as you can see by following the thread of my replies to others that I quoted.

And there are a couple more things not on your list, such as the ability to go directly to your cabin early, and express luggage delivery. Available for all, FTTF, platinum/diamond.;)

I think i wrote that wrong. i can see how you easily read it the way you did. i actually don't know if this is the case, and was asking if you knew. my mistake, sorry.

i do know they started this fill out a "form" requirement that they never had before. it was in place my last cruise, and perhaps even the one before, but it never came into play for me bc my cruise was during summer and only went up in price, never down. but in the past when my cruises have gone down (most frequently with the off season sailings), it was a simple phone call and bam!, the adjustment was done on the spot. now i am wondering if you lose that completely (even if you have to fill out a form) if you don't book the ES rate (which no longer becomes available anyway the closer you get to sailing)

My PVP just explained this to me, since we were too late when we booked our May cruise to get the ES rate. He said that up until the final payment due date (in our case, it's the end of February), if the price drops, your cruise can be "re-booked" at the lower rate, lowering the amount you'll have to pay at final payment. Now, if you've already paid for your cruise in full, I imagine they do a refund to the credit card you used? I don't know, since I never make the final payment until it's due date.

Janis

My PVP just explained this to me, since we were too late when we booked our May cruise to get the ES rate. He said that up until the final payment due date (in our case, it's the end of February), if the price drops, your cruise can be "re-booked" at the lower rate, lowering the amount you'll have to pay at final payment. Now, if you've already paid for your cruise in full, I imagine they do a refund to the credit card you used? I don't know, since I never make the final payment until it's due date.

Janis

Oh, that's great news. thanks! typically in the past if you had already been paid up, you wld receive an obc. either way is fine with me. I'm just happy to hear it's not gone. thanks again.

Archived