Unable to book excursions if guests have

a different currency. I'm trying to book an excursion for my 3 kids and myself (we're in the USA) and my parents (in the UK). We're all going on a Caribbean cruise.

I plan on paying for everyone. RCCL website says: "The reservation XXXXXXX you are trying to associate is not in the same currency and cannot be associated."

Why does it matter if I'm planning on paying for everyone with my credit card?

Has anyone had any luck calling and linking reservations for excursions when each party is from a different country?

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I tried logging into my parents account and still no dice.

I guess I'll have to book for myself and they'll have to book their excursion.

I guess the next question is, if we both book the same excursion are we going to be on the same tour bus? Or does RCCL have multiple buses that go to an attraction? Or perhaps once we are on the ship we can go to booking desk and make sure they put us on the same bus.

I'm specifically looking at going to Montego Bay in Jamaica.

Thanks.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I tried logging into my parents account and still no dice.

I guess I'll have to book for myself and they'll have to book their excursion.

I guess the next question is, if we both book the same excursion are we going to be on the same tour bus? Or does RCCL have multiple buses that go to an attraction? Or perhaps once we are on the ship we can go to booking desk and make sure they put us on the same bus.

I'm specifically looking at going to Montego Bay in Jamaica.

Thanks.

If you book the same excursion, than all you get are tickets. Off the ship, you would usually meet the tour operator so all you would do is all board the bus or van together. There are no assigned seats on trips. Just make sure if it has multiple times, than everyone picks the same time.

That's what I tried and and it didn't work. I got the message about the reservations have different currencies.

We'll just book our own reservations.

That's what I tried and and it didn't work. I got the message about the reservations have different currencies.

We'll just book our own reservations.

Rci' IT strikes again:rolleyes:. Why don't you just call and ask, there should be some work around for this.

Have you done that when their booking has been made in a different currency OP has appeared to have tried that and failed. I have tried that and failed.... and CS were unable to assist..... crazy eh?

Archived