What to bring for Camp Carnival?

tonijmccann

Hi everyone! Going on a cruise in a few days here and it will be our first time taking our daughter who is 3. Is there anything special to bring for Camp Carnival? For example, I remember seeing example schedules for Camp Carnival where they had stuff like "decorate a t-shirt," ect. Do we bring a t-shirt for that? Anything else to bring? I'm also considering booking an excursion that she'd stay on the ship for but I'm a little nervous about it. Has anyone done this and what's your opinion? She goes to preschool so I'm not nervous about how she'll act but what if I'm off the ship and she gets sick or something? How will they get a hold of me?

Also, does anyone have recent examples of schedules for the 2-5 group? Bonus points if it's for the Pride. :)

No need to bring anything to camp. They will provide everything needed for any activities.

We have left our boys in camp while doing an excursion any times. Many will say that we're being selfish or not responsible, but I disagree. The staff is trained to take care of kids if something shoud arise. I'm completely comfortable with them watching my kids. Plus, my kids would prefer camp over trudging around with us sometimes. They do ask for your tour info so they have the tour operator info should an emergency arise.

We had left our girl on the ship when she was little and had no interest in seeing the sights. But we also stayed pretty close to the port. The only excursion we did during that time was a ship's excursion. The other time, we basically would be to shop a little bit, see one or two places and then return to the ship. Nothing that meant traveling by vehicle.

I agree with the others. If you leave your child on the ship then do a ship's excursion or be close to the ship. Camp provides everything that you will need. I will advise you to pack some play clothes for her to wear. I never sent DD to camp in clothes that I didn't mind getting messed up. Sometimes markers, glue etc can create a big mess. :)

Thanks so much everyone! We'd definitely be doing a ship excursion. We're considering doing Atlantis because it's been on my bucket list forever and figure it'd be hard to do with her but we were just worried about leaving her on the ship. You guys have made me feel a lot more comfortable.

Archived