Colon, Panama

Caly

The Panama Canal forum is under "Ports of Call." There you will find many ideas and opinions for Colon.

Colon itself is very rough, and few passengers venture out past the cruise ship terminal by themselves. That being said, there are a number of interesting shore excursion options in Colon. Some of the most popular are the small ferries which do a partial transit to provide a different perspective of the canal.

Since my husband lived in the Canal Zone for several years as a child we have taken the Panama Railway to Balboa (where he lived). We've done three full transits of the canal, and have throughly enjoyed it each time.

The Panama Canal forum is under "Ports of Call." There you will find many ideas and opinions for Colon.

Colon itself is very rough, and few passengers venture out past the cruise ship terminal by themselves. That being said, there are a number of interesting shore excursion options in Colon. Some of the most popular are the small ferries which do a partial transit to provide a different perspective of the canal.

Since my husband lived in the Canal Zone for several years as a child we have taken the Panama Railway to Balboa (where he lived). We've done three full transits of the canal, and have throughly enjoyed it each time.

We were warned about venturing beyond the port shops when there.

We took the partial transit via ferry (ship's tour) and loved it. One gets a really different view of the canal from a full transit, which we did a few years after our partial. I think I liked the partial better, so of course I highly recommend it.

Bill

Archived