Celebrity Infinity - Oct 24 2013 - T/A Harwich to Miami - Pied Piper sailing

Petert102

Hey Peter! Tom and I want to go to Brighton for a day. What's the best way to get there from Marble Arch?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Brighton is 55 minutes away from London by rail.

Go to Victoria railroad station and take the train to Brighton. Rail Tickets cost a fortune so it is a good idea to pre-book and pre-pay. We have saved a fortune on our tickets on Oct 21 to London

When you arrive take a bus to Castle Square which is close to the Royal Pavilion, Lanes and the Pier.

Brighton is "tres Gay", but you guys will have returned to London and have ensconced yourselves in the Grotto at the C of Q before the action gets stoked up so you will miss that. If you do decide to over night, I will point you Guys in the right direction

Here is the link for the rail tickets

http://www.southernrailway.com/

You must sees include:

The Royal Pavilion

The Palace Pier

The Regency Style sea front Terraces of homes

Walk through the Lanes and North Laines districts, funky bric a brac, antiques junk stores

We will be there from Friday Oct 18 to Mon Oct 21. at the Brighton Thistle ( three nites ) and then London Oct 21 to Oct 24 ( three nites ) at the Marble Arch Thistle

Remember the Fall comes to Northern Europe earlier than with us ( in September ) so unless you are very lucky expect grey skies, fine rain, horizontal wind blowing off the english channel, shorter days and bone numbing cold.....I.E. wrap up

This link may be of help o you Guys

http://gay.brighton.co.uk/

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Thanks Peter! As usual you are a real help. I just booked our train tickets, and as you said, got a really good deal! We are planning on spending the day on Tuesday the 22nd in Brighton! So thanks for your help!

We will be in London having come up from Brighton on Monday 21st. I will pick up some tourist office info for you Guys as the Brighton Thistle is close to the Royal Pavilion and I can give it to you on Monday nite in the Grotto of the C of Q, just in time for your day trip. Glad you got a good deal on the train !!!!

Hugz

Peter

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!

Do you realize that this Roll Call dropped to well down on the second page.... horror of horrors! We can't have that! ;)

Judith

Turtles

You are thoughtful as ever. BTW on the main board, Marie-Claire Roll Call probably has more "hidden family" folks than appear here, Have a peek and let me have your thoughts.

Hugz

Peter

Turtles

You are thoughtful as ever. BTW on the main board, Marie-Claire Roll Call probably has more "hidden family" folks than appear here, Have a peek and let me have your thoughts.

Hugz

Peter

Really? My internet "radar" must be down, as I don't seem to be receiving any signals... :eek::p

Really? My internet "radar" must be down, as I don't seem to be receiving any signals... :eek::p

Look for S Sex couples in the list, I cannot list them here as they will probably shut me down again !!!!

Peter

Chris--

Have been away from the message board for a while; welcome. About 20 cruises here--six or so PP. I too am travelling solo, but PP (as you can see from this message board) is a friendly crowd.

Are you staying in So. FL after the crossing? Airfares are so outrageous in and out of GSP (Greenville, SC) that it was cheaper for me to add a night in Fort Lauderdale and take a budget (Allegiant) flight the next morning. I am booked into the Elysium. I used to live in Lauderdale and it is a ho-hum type place on the beach. Worth considering for "our crowd" staying over in FL.

Again, Welcome.

--Kasper (everyone ends up eventually calling me by my last name)

Peter: I was going to wear my formal NYPD Ceremonial Unit Uniform, but he has vetoed that plan, besides which bringing on my "piece" and handcuffs could cause issues with both the Airline and Celebrity !!!

I do have a mini-flogger perfect for travel occasions. I'll be sure to pack it.

--Kasper

Peter--

Did you get any takers on the Santiago de Compostela on-your-knees outing? I am VERY interested if someone is putting together a "family"-friendly excursion.

--Kasper

Kasper

Alas, I did not. However, as PP organizes their own shore excursions we must speak to Bruce who is our very Own "Mother Hen" that Derek in PP is sending along to chaperone us. I really think we need a "Mega Pennance Tour of Santiago", just realized I will now have to pack my "Designer Label Sackcoth Couture" to sucessfully blend in with the other Pilgrims/Penitants, I am sure I can get some ashes from the Ship's Boiler Room, which will save the bother of packing them. You may, however, supply the Whip or your "Mini-Flogger" may just work at a pinch !!!!

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Hello everybody.

I'm back from my Mediterranean cruise. It was a great cruise with fantastic sight seeing.

Now I need to catch up on all of the notes that I missed on this board and on the main board.

Looking forward to meeting all of you real soon.

Hobie.

Welcome back, Hobie, glad you enjoyed the Med!

Folks -- according to Celebrity, the e-docs for everyone booked with PP will be issued all at once. They've been "released" for our group, which Celebrity says means they will be "issued" (made available to us) in the next day or so, at which point we can order our luggage tags. So keep checking your My Reservations page.

Judith

getting so excited about the cruise...hs any decision been made of any kind of Halloween ensembles?..lol...going to do the e docs and luggage tags requests today....also is there going to be any other excursions done as a grouipd..besides on the knees Santiago..peter,,comments very funny....anway...cant wait..tired of this work thing..LOL...TALK SOON.

@Judith:

Thanks for the "heads up". I ordered my luggage tags and just did the "cruise docs" dance!

Thanks again,

Hobie

Ordered the Luggage Tags as well, Thanks Turtles for the info, what would we do without you two !!. Feeling totally lazy this morning after taking Lilly and Maude ( Dogs ) for a walk on the beach at Fire Island, so decided that I was not up to the intellectual Challenge of doing the On-line Check-in. As it seems to take the same time to check in at the Docks if you have done the advanced check-in, or not. I am undecided whether I will activate my Brain Cells to handle such a complicated Task in advance of Harwich.

Mega Hugz to All

Peter

getting so excited about the cruise...hs any decision been made of any kind of Halloween ensembles?..lol...going to do the e docs and luggage tags requests today....also is there going to be any other excursions done as a grouipd..besides on the knees Santiago..peter,,comments very funny....anway...cant wait..tired of this work thing..LOL...TALK SOON.

Halloween ensembles ????? My head is spinning at the thought, sides which, how are you going to fit an Ensemble into your Louis Vuitton Steamer Trunk ???? with all your other Couture Items.

As to all your excitement, be careful otherwise you might have a mini-stroke or worse still, "the Vapors !!!!" Pop a Xanax IMMEDIATELY, have a coffee and a joint and chill out.

As to Excusions, Paul only does excursions to Retail Temples, preferably Outlet Designer ones, he does not do Saint's Dusty Bones or Gothic Piles called Cathedrals. I still have my Santiago Pennance Trip !!!!!, nothing like a good flogging

WORK ??? Tell me, what is that ???

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

We actually have some stuff we are bringing to wear on Halloween (different from our formal attire, which are truly costume ensembles for us ;)), but I'm not going to give anything away. :)

As for excursions, because this is a TA and probably not a very huge group, I don't think we can count on anything organized by PP, though it's possible Bruce will have some specific recommendations on board.

The only two organized excursions we are doing are in Gijón, where we are taking a ship's tour to Oviedo, and in Lisbon, where we are taking Celebrity's city tour. We normally avoid ship-sponsored tours, but these will work well for us in those places. (If we hadn't already been to Santiago de Compostela, we'd join you all on your knees there, but since we have, we're going to have a DIY day in Vigo. I will have band-aids and antiseptic ointment ready for your knees when you all return.)

GAY AND LESBIAN ROLL CALL

As we are getting bigger and bigger by the day, and as some of us folks can get a tad Puggled, thought it was time to do a Marie-Claire ( main board ) and do a Roll Call, so here it is. If you have additions or corrections let me know. Remember there are always other folk who never appear on CC, especially die volk von Deutchland ( for example ) ,who never appear but are none the less, usually well represented. Remember, some of the Folks listed here, also may have cancelled

US BASED FLOATERS

PETERT102 PETER & PAUL MANHATTAN NY

& FIRE ISLAND

HOWARD ( BUDDY ) MANHATTAN NY

BLAZERMB MICHAEL AND TOM RI

TURTLES06 JUDITH AND EILEEN ?

JMARKCASPER KASPER SC

HOBIE GLENN CA

IMWMFLYME BILL AND KEVIN NJ

STUDHILO RUSS ?

2MENUK MINI GROUP 24 – NON-PP – NO NAMES FL

TALLDKNY FRANK + ONE FL

NON - U.S. BASED FLOATERS

KIWIATSEA ALAN PLUS WHOLE FLOCK OF KIWIS NEW ZEALAND

KHEPRE CHRIS JORDAN

FFLYING FLEMMING PLUS 1 DENMARK

Looks like we will be able to Occupy the the Martini Bar and declare it the LGTB independant Republic

Hugz to All

Peter

Edited by Petert102

ROLLCALL

Dearest Turtles,

Paul and I are BOARDERLINE DEVASTATED that you CHARMING GALS are so under represented in the Roll Call

Warmest Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102