Mariner of the Seas tendering in Belize....

Loki'smom

I am looking for some insight or helpful hints on the tendering process in Belize.

Thanks for the info. I have yet another question or 2 about getting off the ship in Belize. We are doing a private tour and the tour guide said to be on the first boat to the island.

1. Do you have to get a sticker or number in order to be in the first group, if so, when do you suggest I go see the purser to get in the first group?

2. How early do we line up to be in the first group?

I'm getting super excited, we leave March 10!!!

Thanks,

Laura

Thanks for the info. I have yet another question or 2 about getting off the ship in Belize. We are doing a private tour and the tour guide said to be on the first boat to the island.

1. Do you have to get a sticker or number in order to be in the first group' date=' if so, when do you suggest I go see the purser to get in the first group?

2. How early do we line up to be in the first group?

I'm getting super excited, we leave March 10!!!

Thanks,

Laura[/quote']

Passengers who purchase excursions from the cruise line will be allowed off the ship first. You will just need to get in line early.

###

Water along the Belize coast is very shallow so the ships have to drop anchor miles offshore. The actual tendering process takes at least thirty minutes to the port at Belize City. If the ship is using first come, first serve tendering tickets make sure you get one of the first ones available. Cruise ship sponsored excursions are usually the first passengers to be tendered to Belize City, followed by everyone else.

I just looked at our compass from Liberty when we were there.

First tender was at 730am. They had tenders forward and aft, forward for pax that had ship tours and aft for those just going ashore. You just got in line for the aft tenders. I believe after 1000am anyone could use the forward tenders or aft ones. The compass also said if you had a ships tour, listen for your tour to be called.

The compass you get in your cabin the night before will have the port info for Belize and the tender info.

Archived