Casbanas and shells

salboz

the only other time I have sailed with HAL was to Alaska so we did not go to their private island. I just found out about the cabanas and shells that you pay extra for. Unfortunately, all were booked by the time I found out. Does anyone know if these ever become available to those who are waitlisted? Also, is there any shade on the island if you don't have one or the other of these shelters?

You can always put your name down to be waitlisted just in case a cabana becomes available, although I'm not sure just how often this happens. There are hammocks on the island that are semi-shaded and very relaxing so you could go for those if a cabana/clamshell isn't available. :)

Go ahead and reserve a clamshell on line - they will put you on a wait list. Having been on the wait list I was able to get a clamshell the first night on board (tickets sent to my cabin) Also check the hut on the beach as sometimes they become available the day you are there. Good luck - they are nice to have when it is hot.

Thanks for the quick responses. I am waitlisted for both the clamshell and the cabana. Probably a better chance of getting the clamshell if anything, I guess. Thanks for the tip about checking when you get there.

the only other time I have sailed with HAL was to Alaska so we did not go to their private island. I just found out about the cabanas and shells that you pay extra for. Unfortunately, all were booked by the time I found out. Does anyone know if these ever become available to those who are waitlisted? Also, is there any shade on the island if you don't have one or the other of these shelters?

What about snorkle gear for HMC? Should/can we reserve it now or will there be plenty?

Thanks!

Archived