It's good to know where you are, right?!

crystalised

I’m flying down to Rio from London on 6th March to meet my old friend the Crystal Serenity on the 10th, to sail for 31 glorious days to Lisbon.

My question is: how long will I be in Brazil? I go through immigration at the airport on 6th March, but do I leave Brazil on the 10th March when the ship leaves that port, or do I leave Brazil when we sail from Santarem, Brazil on 22nd March, or when we dock in French Guiana on 24th March ?

Does 10 hours in a port count as being in a country, or am I in transit? It’ll feel like I’m in Brazil, but with respect to immigration, am I ?

I’m flying down to Rio from London on 6th March to meet my old friend the Crystal Serenity on the 10th, to sail for 31 glorious days to Lisbon.

My question is: how long will I be in Brazil? I go through immigration at the airport on 6th March, but do I leave Brazil on the 10th March when the ship leaves that port, or do I leave Brazil when we sail from Santarem, Brazil on 22nd March, or when we dock in French Guiana on 24th March ?

Does 10 hours in a port count as being in a country, or am I in transit? It’ll feel like I’m in Brazil, but with respect to immigration, am I ?

Why do you need to know?

If you're a British citizen, you don't need a visa.

None-too-sure where 10 hours comes into it, you'll be in the Amazon a great deal longer than that.

JB :)

Why do you need to know?

If you're a British citizen, you don't need a visa.

None-too-sure where 10 hours comes into it, you'll be in the Amazon a great deal longer than that.

JB :)

Yes, no tourist visa is required but Brazil also requires transit visa in some cases. I think the OP might be wondering if, even though there is no requirement for a tourist visa, there might be for a transit visa if the time in-country is very short.

"Does 10 hours in a port count as being in a country, or am I in transit?"

If a visa was required for this cruise it would be the normal tourist visa, not a transit visa.

Archived