Early Saver Converted to Easy Saver by CCL

zdcatc12

I had two cabins booked with Early Saver and have been getting my price matches with other fares. However, on the one I did this week, the lower fare was an Easy Saver. CCL matched the fare, but also converted my Early Saver to an Easy Saver which no longer allows price drops. Is this something that I should call CCL about?

The guarantee states: If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. Does "honor it" mean now change your fare to it? I thought that they left you on it, but just gave you the credit. If this is the case, I guess that I should have waited until close to sail date to submit it.

So speaking from personal experience I think you will be okay. We booked 2 cabins early saver for a December cruise. We had price matched a ton of early saver rates before we sailed, then one of the rates we matched was a military rate. I asked the same question, "would I still be able to get price drops, or is this now a military rate?" I was told that once you book early saver, it's always early saver. I would check with them as policies change and I don't believe those new crazy rates were out yet. Good luck!

So speaking from personal experience I think you will be okay. I was told that once you book early saver, it's always early saver. I would check with them as policies change and I don't believe those new crazy rates were out yet. Good luck!

That is what I thought too. However, the one I tried this week the e-mail response was:

Please be advise that your Early Saver price protection form submitted has been denied. You currently under the Easy Saver now, ever since your last rate adjustment. Please read terms & conditions below which is also printed on your email confirmation.

On my last adjustment, they converted me to Easy Saver. So far it has cost me at least $50.

That is what I thought too. However, the one I tried this week the e-mail response was:

Please be advise that your Early Saver price protection form submitted has been denied. You currently under the Easy Saver now, ever since your last rate adjustment. Please read terms & conditions below which is also printed on your email confirmation.

On my last adjustment, they converted me to Easy Saver. So far it has cost me at least $50.

That's weird. I've always booked early saver and never had that problem. Maybe it has to do with the new rate categories. I have not booked early saver since Carnival made their changes to the different rate categories. I am currently booked under the old early saver and was recently able to price match to the instant saver rate.

Archived