Check your folio regularly

jayman31

Well I take it you are not a smoker....also if you wouldn't bring the ashtray in nightly...then you don't follow the directive that you aren't to leave anything on the balcony and that includes clothing....not my issue about removing the smell for the next guest...also why I didn't trust him....first he left me that note(which he could have addressed face to face....I didn't leave him a note with my response....I went to find him to discuss) also, maybe it was a coincidence but the charge of the pop on my account....first cruise out of 7 that I haven't been impressed with my steward...he just left a bad taste with me

Well, if it's a smokers opinion you require, then let me share mine. As a former long time smoker, I never smoked in my my bedroom at home (and that's exactly what your cabin is) and wouldn't have dreamed of doing so anywhere else. Therefore, I wouldn't smoke on the balcony and bring the nasty ashtray inside either. It's inconsiderate to anyone, especially a non-smoker, who will have to sleep in that room after you. But, apparently, consideration is only something you expect for yourself, but feel no obligation to extend to others.

I've had the occasional odd charge which was taken care of easily. As far as the ashtray thing, I am a smoker, but use a water bottle as an ashtray. That way the cig is extinguished, no flying ashes, and put the top on the bottle, no smell, no fire hazard. I even carry my water bottle/ashtray on deck with me. The ashtrays they have are small, and the ones on deck are few and far between.

Well, if it's a smokers opinion you require, then let me share mine. As a former long time smoker, I never smoked in my my bedroom at home (and that's exactly what your cabin is) and wouldn't have dreamed of doing so anywhere else. Therefore, I wouldn't smoke on the balcony and bring the nasty ashtray inside either. It's inconsiderate to anyone, especially a non-smoker, who will have to sleep in that room after you. But, apparently, consideration is only something you expect for yourself, but feel no obligation to extend to others.

Nasty ashtray is no different than some nasty cologne or perfume....still lingers, whether you care for the smell or not, most people aren't considerate of that but jump all over the smokers because of the "nasty" smell....give me a break...

Nasty ashtray is no different than some nasty cologne or perfume....still lingers, whether you care for the smell or not, most people aren't considerate of that but jump all over the smokers because of the "nasty" smell....give me a break...

Ahhh, yes, the "poor, poor picked on smoker" victim speech. Give me a break.

Speaking as a non smoker, the smell is far, far worse than any nasty perfume or cologne and far more difficult to remove. And speaking as a former smoker, you can't fully appreciate just how offensive the smell is. You'll just have to trust me when I tell you, it's beyond awful.

It's just as easy, safer, and far more considerate, to do as those who use a water bottle instead of the ashtray. By doing so, it's less likely the steward will assume you're smoking in the room and won't have to leave you the dreaded note and there's no nasty smell to contend with.

But, I get it, you don't care if you're negatively impacting someone elses experience.

Actually, yes it is. Sorry, but cruzin is correct. Until you stop smoking, you will never understand. I didn't. I quit almost 4 years ago.

My fiancé uses one of his cans of beer as an ashtray on the balcony. He leaves a bit of beer in the bottom. Fortunately, he now is working on quitting, which is great because I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, whether it's from a lit cigarette, an ashtray, or anything else.

Most normal people can tolerate even gross perfume to a degree.

I have smelled some nasty colognes and perfumes and NONE of them come close to the smell of cigarette saturated clothing and items.

Fresh cig smoke isnt even as bad. I have a family member that I refuse to let in my vehicle or home. He smells that bad from it. Of course he doesn't notice.

Sorry but until you quit, you have no idea about how nasty it is. I didnt notice how gross it was until I quit.

This post has turned two-fold:

I always check my folio and have always found small issues. A drink here or there from pool side, theatre, or bar. Quest services takes the charge right off our bill without questioning or looking at signatures or the receipt. Maybe it's because we're platinum cruisers.

I'm also am an ex-smoker....and I agree.....ash tray smoke is worse than the actual smoke. With the recent change in smoking policy on Carnival (no smoking in cabins), there is now a charge if your room has to be deorderized. I'm sure your cabin stewart's note was more of a warning to help you to avoid this charge.....it's alot.....like $250. Unfortuantely....smokers can't smell what everyone else smells. They don't realize how bad it is for non-smokers or ex-smokers. Otherwise, I can't believe they would be so inconsiderate to not care if their habit is bothering other people. :(

Archived