Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer

Patgo

The Jergens Natural Glow works very well for me. A year or 2 ago, it was the only slow tinting product out there. Now it seems that most of the major cosmetic firms have their own versions. If it's not working for you, maybe wait a few days for it to fade & try a different brand. You'll be out $5-7 but I think I'd rather lose a few $ than have icky legs for my trip. Maybe you can return the tube. CVS, Eckerd, RiteAid, Walgreens - I think these stores will take returns if a product isn't working for you.

There have been a few threads about this product before, & during one of them, posters brought up the scent or smell or odor - whatever you'd like to call it. To me, the Jergens NG has no scent - I smell absolutely nothing when I put it on or even a couple of hours later. I mentioned to the husband the posts about the scent & he agreed! He notices the smell & doesn't like it at all. This from a man who can't smell anything! And me? I'm hypersensitive to smells. Go figure. :)

I bumped up that thread from last year that you are mentioning. I find they all have some sort of smell.

This has been working very well for me-I use the medium shade and it has given me a nice light tan for spring. I am now switching to my favorite "tan in a can" product which is BE's Faux Tan. It has a nice sort of almond scent and turns my skin a pretty warm brown tone. It is the only one that I have tried that doesn't turn me yellow or orange. I plan to keep using the Natural Glow during the off season.

When I am not tanning, and I get very, very dark I use this in the Medium and LOVE it! I like the scent...and i have never looked orange or yellow. I think it has a lot to do with your natural skin tone....

I also tried the Jergens natural glow on my legs did it for a week, I did not like the color it left either. Mine was kind of orangy too. So I guess I will have pale white legs on the cruise in January hopefully I can get some sun and have a natural tan. I will take a look at some of the other products mentioned see if they work better on me.

Christine

Bain du soliel has a spray on tanning product that is not orangy. I love it.

I use the Olay lotion for blending strap marks and tan lines, but the Bain du Soliel is my start up product every season. It also helps maintain a "glow" year round.

I would rather have white legs than live with the smell of Jergens Natural Glow. I just tried it this afternoon and hated the smell SO MUCH (and the sticky weird feeling it left) that I jumped in the shower after a few minutes and scrubbed and scrubbed. Whew! Never again! I threw it out.

Lynn

The "best" one I have used for a good summer tan is Lancome Flash Bronzer for Legs. It gives a really nice bronze glow, with a bit of a shimmer.

I am using the Jergens light lotion now, but am in Florida so I have a pretty good base tan already. Plus, my skin naturally tans to more of a reddish bronze, so if there is a bit of an orange cast, it matches my natural colour.

I've tried the Nutrigena Spray before, and it works well. But it gives me more colour than I want.

I think it has a lot to do with your natural skin tone....

It absolutely does. Everyone's color is different, so what looks orangey on one person can be perfect on another. I don't beleive there is a single product that will work for everyone. We just have to try things out and see what works. Also if you have skin that is more medium than pale, then I think these moisturizer/tanners will not give you much color.

Just guessing of course, going by my own experience.

Im pretty light and bought the medium. It gave me some color but not like a tan in a can. It also took a week to get color. It worked for what I was looking for. I just wanted some color so I could wear carpis and knee length skirts. MY mom tried and loved it.

I am light and used the medium shade. It seems to work well and not orange on me but I do not like the smell and it does seems somewhat sticky. I'm going to try something else once this tube is used.

I've been using the fair (lightest) tone and so far I am happy with it. I've got a nice light tan color - not orange. However, you have to be careful around the elbows and on your feet where there is rougher skin. The color comes out a lot darker there!

The only thing that I don't like about it is that I can smell it all day and my skin feels a little tiny bit greasy. And you have to wait awhile before you can put clothes on until it's really dry. But the color is good for me. I'll use it for a while - until my cruise at least.

Explorer 6/25/06

I tan very easily - luckily, but have no patience or time to actually sit in the sun and work on it. I tried the Jergen's last year when I first saw it - the medium, and put it on my legs. I didn't tell a soul I was using it and after about a week I was getting tons of compliments on the great tan I had and how dark my legs were. (Not at all orange.)

I admit that I am a chicken and afraid to put it on my face. That makes things hard because if I want to do my arms/chest I would have to stop at the neck before my face and that would look silly. Have any of you used it on your face? Oddly I use Jergen's lotion normally and it doesn't bother my face so this is probably okay but I am afraid of streaking or something. I never noticed any on my legs but with my luck it would show on my face.

Or can anyone recommend a better product? I do note a smell with the Jergens after it's been on for a couple of hours that I don't care for so something without an odor would be wonderful. My sister is getting married in July and the dress she has chosen for me to wear definitely will look better with a tan.

I appreciate any help/suggestions/tips/etc!

I found that the Jergens Natural Glow gave me orangey spots on my legs and arms. I even exfoliated prior to application, but it just looked really wierd. I also noticed that when I went out into the sun, I had sparkles all over. I didn't mind the sparkles so much, but I did not want to draw attention to my spotted skin!

I have been wanting to try another brand, just not sure where to start.

please remember that Cruise Critic does not allow bumping of posts..

I am sorry I am learning more and more-I guess it is a good thing you are here. I won't do it again. Although I did it several times today already for Mississippi girl.

I will say this-since you started posting these boards have gotten a whole lot nicer.

Archived