The beach area at Dunns River ?

OntCruise

What is the beach area like at the Falls? Is it a good place to hang out for the day after climbing the falls? Are there chairs to rent etc?

We were planning on just taking a taxi from the pier and climbing the falls on our own, but want to hang out at a beach for the remainder of the day and just relax.

If this beach is not adviseble, is there another beach close to the pier that we could taxi to?

What is the beach area like at the Falls? Is it a good place to hang out for the day after climbing the falls? Are there chairs to rent etc?

I don't know if I would call it a "good place"--it depends on what you want. We walked from one end of the beach to the other, and the only thing we did was pick up some trash & broken glass. :-/ I didn't see anything available to rent while we were there--no chairs or umbrellas or anything like that. But it was toward the end of the day, & the park was mostly empty. It's possible that there are things available at busier times, but I don't think so. There were several picnic tables at the beach, but I didn't see any food or beverages being sold. I have seen people post about taking picnic/cookout items into the park, so that's probably an option.

Hope that helps. Have fun on the falls!

Archived