Premium alcohol package and martinis

beach.bum

I've seen some varied reports about whether or not martinis are "covered" under the new package. The flyer that's been posted/linked to several times says nothing that would indicate martinis are not included. However, I do note that folks sailing are reporting back different experiences on this topic.

Has anybody been on Oasis lately and tried this? We are considering this package for May, but vodka martinis tend to be my evening "drink of choice" (rum punch or something fruity during the day). If they are not included, we'll either not purchase the package or I'll want to curtail my martini ordering - no need to spend the cash on the package AND incur a sizeable bar bill in addition...

Thanks in advance to any who can shed light on this.

We have purchased the premium package and hope the martinis are on the list when we get on the Navigator in 3 weeks time, will report back upon our return.

Thanks! I know they may still be "tweaking" the program, but first-hand info certainly helps! :)

Any and all info on this would be a huge help. I also enjoy the occasional Martini, but, more importantly I enjoy a Manhattan every evening while on vacation. If I can't get one via the package then I will pay as I go. We figured on our last 7 day cruise on NCL our bar tab was about $760; most of that being my tab. I would about break even with the package. If I pay as I go then I can enjoy a shot of Patron with a Corona because from what I have heard Patron in NOT included in the drink package. Five weeks to go and can't wait!

Neil

It does say that Grey Goose and Kettle One is included in the premium package, so I don't why a Martini would not be included.

I agree with your logic, however people coming off of Freedom have noted it specifically states Martinis were not included. Guess it is considered more than 1 drinks worth?

I too am very interested in whether this will continue or not and specifically how it is being handled on Allure. This will be the deciding factor most likely for us on whether we purchase the package or not.

I agree with your logic, however people coming off of Freedom have noted it specifically states Martinis were not included. Guess it is considered more than 1 drinks worth?

I too am very interested in whether this will continue or not and specifically how it is being handled on Allure. This will be the deciding factor most likely for us on whether we purchase the package or not.

Maybe we will just have to drink lots of small one shot Martini's!

I may be just naive, but can someone be specific of what RCCL defines as a martini? Examples of what they are ? I was hoping to expand my drinking repertoire from beer snob/hop head, and was looking forward to doing the premium package and trying different drinks...just seeing what i would NOT be trying under the plan...:confused:

David

I spoke with someone at RC the other day about our cruise in 3 weeks. Martini's ARE included as long as you don't use Belvedere (or any other Super Premium) vodka.

Kettle One, Absolute, etc. are fine.

Archived