Onboard wedding, Oasis of the seas.

Lkay90

We are planning on getting married while on board at st Thomas.

Anyone ever done this before?

I was just wondering how to get the marriage license?

Do you have to go to court house first thing to obtain marriage license, then back on board again for ceremony?

Also, anyone know if you can organise a photographer for shoreside photographs?

Thanks

Lauren.

I have no first hand experience, just what I have read on the boards. The WC will take you to the court house when you dock and then bring you back to the ship... my understanding is it takes about a total of 30 mins

as for a photographer I don't know. I think they are sub-contracted to the ship so you would have to contact them

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to go to court house first thing to obtain marriage license, then back on board again for ceremony?

Thanks

Lauren.

Do you have a wedding reservation with RCCL? and if so call RCCL Royal Romance.

• 1 month later...

Hi I did this exact wedding. Same ship and everything.

We got off the ship and I had transportation for my wedding party to the marriott. I also had transportation for my husband and me to the courthouse to pick up our marriage license then we went to the marriott to get ready.

got married at the marriott took pictures and went back to the ship for more pictures and then had dinner in chops.

The problem was our timeline got all messed up because I was told that the cruise ship would be the same time as island time (It would switch) I called royal and had my travel agent contact them multiple times. Well the day before when we got the cruise compass everything was off... My transportation pick up time and my hair and make up start time. So I just called them left messages and hoped everything would work out. It helped having a drink in my hand lol. So everything basically did but we lost a solid 1 hour for pictures and then our transportation guy had a flat tire so I lost pictures around the island. there another hour. If I could do it again I would have done a first look on the boat and got ready on the ship. Then I would have picked up my marriage license and then have the ceremony then more pictures then dinner back on board. Oh well can't win them all and I wouldn't trade that day for anything.

Also, We brought our photographers along with us. We paid their travel and photo fee. This way we got a ton of portraits from the wedding and it really had that cruise feeling as well. I also brought along the videographers. Im waiting for that video. But I can say that since I don't remember anything from the day it really is wonderful to have so many pictures and Im sure the video will be wonderful too. We also did an engagement session around the boat as well.

Disclaimer : Im a wedding photographer so pictures are uber important to me. :)

Thanks

Lauren.

Im getting married onboard RCI Enchantment in 24 days.

I can tell you that my fiance and I are getting picked up from the ship at 10am and taken to the court house. I have paid RCI Royal Romance to obtain our marriage license on our behalf, which I was told last week has been taken care of.

Our wedding is onboard at 3pm and then we have a reservation at Chops for 5:30pm.

I had booked Sugar & Spice salon for 10am for hair and make up but recently had to change this as we're now being picked up at that time. I have been told that ship &island time will be the same by 6th April. However as the above post shows, this might not be the case!

Archived