Caribbean Princess R 409 Cozumel Suite

DebJ14

Not on the Carribean, but I did have a PH suite on the Ruby on the Riveria deck. Other than occasionally hearing some footsteps during the day, early evening (high heels perhaps?) I had no noise issues. I was in the St. Martin Suite which was at the end of the line of suites. Frankly, a little noise to me is worth being in the suite and being right near the elevators to the Piazza as well as only one deck from pools. Would not hesitate to book another suite on the Riveria deck again.

Not on the Carribean, but I did have a PH suite on the Ruby on the Riveria deck. Other than occasionally hearing some footsteps during the day, early evening (high heels perhaps?) I had no noise issues. I was in the St. Martin Suite which was at the end of the line of suites. Frankly, a little noise to me is worth being in the suite and being right near the elevators to the Piazza as well as only one deck from pools. Would not hesitate to book another suite on the Riveria deck again.

Hey I resemble that!! :p

We stayed in R410 on the Ruby a few weeks ago, noise was no problem at all, the people that complain about the little noise you hear, just like to complain. I would not hesitate to stay in these suites again, in fact we will next fall. So do not be concerned at all, great location IMHO

We stayed in R410 on the Ruby a few weeks ago, noise was no problem at all, the people that complain about the little noise you hear, just like to complain. I would not hesitate to stay in these suites again, in fact we will next fall. So do not be concerned at all, great location IMHO

I can assure you that I don't just like to complain to complain. When I said it was noisy, believe me, it was noisy. And it was not just a little noise.

Does anyone have any comments pro or con on R409, the Cozumel Suite, on the Caribbean Princess? We are booked for a year out, so plenty of time to change cabins if the reviews are too negative.

I am in Antigua, R410, on the Feb 23 cruise. I will try and give you an accurate report of the noise I encounter. But honestly, I don't expect much - and the advantages of that location and being in there at the Mini Suite Guarantee price I paid, will likely make me overlook a few chairs clunking around late at night or early in the morning!

Thanks for all the comments pro and con.

@ gpnfish - I would appreciate your observations after your cruise.

We have an aft Vista suite on the Golden in May and if we like the aft suite we may consider moving back there on the Caribbean Princess. It would save about $400 for the cabin.

We were in R404 this past week. Noise was not at night or early morning it was from about 12pm to Sunset and during the ultimate deck party....on the balcony you could hear music and noise from Lido not bad and the music was enjoyable.....in the cabin never impacted hubby's afternoon nap....I would gladly book said cabin again!!!!

On same cruise friend had problem with smoking area above cabin winding up with ashes on their aft balcony and had sea spray on the aft balcony on Dolphin deck.

See the Southern Caribbean route is an exposed and hurried crossing from Princess Cay to Curaçao. Makes for a rough aft ride on Monday night!!!!

I would like to make a clarification on cabin R408 on the Emerald. This cabin is directly underneath the Pizza area, and another area that I discovered it is under, is the dish washing area and supply area. After I spoke with a member of the staff, he said they were aware of the noise from these areas, and frequently try to advise the crew that there are passenger cabins under that area. Much of the noise was from supplies being stacked and moved in that area.

My guess is that R409 on the starboard side would not have nearly the noise that R408 has.:)

We had R402 on the Emerald. It was fine except for 6am. Every morning, it sounded like they were standing up on the upper deck and dropping the deck chairs to the pool area. Horrible!!!! I did mention it to our Steward. I have booked another suite on the Ruby for 2014, but not on that end of the corridor.

Archived