restaurant near hilton garden inn ft. lauderdale

FLUFFLULA

My DH (late 58 and 63) and I are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn airport/cruiseport, in Dania Beach the night before our cruise on the Oasis. We're flying and won't have a rental car, so a good restaurant, moderately priced would be super.

In order of distance from your hotel, the farthest being about 1/3 of a mile:

Chipotle, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's, Moonlite Diner, Wendy's, Hollywood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Sweet Tomatoes and Red Lobster.

Quizno's is in there somewhere, but I can't remember exactly where.

http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101620.htm

In order of distance from your hotel, the farthest being about 1/3 of a mile:

Chipotle, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's, Moonlite Diner, Wendy's, Hollywood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Sweet Tomatoes and Red Lobster.

Quizno's is in there somewhere, but I can't remember exactly where.

http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101620.htm

I beg to differ with these suggestions. All of the fast food establishments and restaurants listed here are at the Oakwood Plaza shopping center about 2 miles away from the hotel where the OP is staying. The closest restaurant to where the OP is staying is: Islamorada Fish Company at Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World. This restaurant is within walking distance of the Garden Inn (500 yards or so). And the food is decent to good, and the Bass Pro Shops store is large and interesting. The next closest restaurant is Rustic Inn Crab House or Tropical Acres Steak House.

Rustic Inn is somewhat of a famous place; a lot of celebrities have dined there over the years (you could spend a bit of time looking at all the photos on the wall of famous people who have eaten there). Their food is okay; you go there more for the experience (if you are from the Mid-Atlantic or New England like I am, their seafood does not compare, but it is okay for Florida). In fairness, though, taking a cab to Oakwood Plaza shopping center would be easy to do.

I beg to differ with these suggestions. All of the fast food establishments and restaurants listed here are at the Oakwood Plaza shopping center about 2 miles away from the hotel where the OP is staying. The closest restaurant to where the OP is staying is: Islamorada Fish Company at Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World. This restaurant is within walking distance of the Garden Inn (500 yards or so). And the food is decent to good, and the Bass Pro Shops store is large and interesting. The next closest restaurant is Rustic Inn Crab House or Tropical Acres Steak House.

Rustic Inn is somewhat of a famous place; a lot of celebrities have dined there over the years (you could spend a bit of time looking at all the photos on the wall of famous people who have eaten there). Their food is okay; you go there more for the experience (if you are from the Mid-Atlantic or New England like I am, their seafood does not compare, but it is okay for Florida). In fairness, though, taking a cab to Oakwood Plaza shopping center would be easy to do.

I think you're confused. The Hilton Garden Inn is located at 180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania...Across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall.

Yes, the restaurants suggested are well within walking distance. We stay at Best Western close by and walking is no problem. If you want to go to Rustic Inn, sometimes the hotel shuttle driver will take you there and pick you up if he is not too busy. We have done that, and may do it again in Feb.

I think you're confused. The Hilton Garden Inn is located at 180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania...Across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall.

Oh my gosh you're right. My apologies to the OP. I was thinking of the Marriott Courtyard at the Dania Tri-Rail Station. So sorry for any confusion I caused.

Archived