Review w/ Pictures of the Splendor's last cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Cuizer2

How did you get all those pictures with next to no people in them?

I have priority boarding, so I was one of the first on the ship. The first thing I like to do is start taking pictures. Because the embarkation staff was split between the two ships, embarkation was a slow process. This gave me extra time, with less people, to take my photographs.

The next day, I woke up earlier than most so I was able to again take a lot of photographs with very few people in the photograph. Also, the weather was a bit cooler than most people feel comfortable in. However, it didn't bother me, so again I had several photo opportunities with very few people in the picture.

Also, I took photographs while we were in Cabo. Since most people were on land, the ship was fairly empty, again allowing me to take several photographs without many people in the picture.

However, it doesn't always work out. Here is a photograph of everyone waiting for the doors to open for dinner ...

IMG_0218_zps48ae5345.jpg

Love this pic! Did it look like the Gold Pearl decorations in the ceiling were removed? When I was on her they looked like fried eggs!

Funny you should say that. I noticed it and pointed out to my table mates. We all agreed the decorations looked like fried eggs. It was not until someone mentioned that the Black Pearl had nothing to do with the pirate ship in the movie that I made the connection. Those decorations are oysters.

That said, I took a picture, you can decide for yourself ...

IMG_0073_zpsb1a96c12.jpg

Thank you so much for this review. I was looking at it for the ship not the ports as we are sailing her out of NY in June with two Grandchildren. I am going to email them this review so they can start to anticipate the trip we are taking them on.

You have a great eye when it comes to photography. My Father used to have his own dark room when we were kids (in the 50's and 60's) and he had a great eye as well. Unfortunately I did not inherit that trait. Most of my human subjects remain headless!!!

Thank you. My sister took a great photograph of a couple of kids while we were at the zoo. Well, it would have been a great photograph if the kids hadn't lost half their heads. Too bad, as it was otherwise a great photograph.

Cuiz

Thinking of booking the Splendor out of NY :D

How was the food' date=' service and entertainment?[/b']

The food was good. On par with the Caribbean Princess.

I can't speak for everyone, but my room steward and waiter were great.

I only saw one production show and I liked it.

Here is a photograph of everyone waiting for the doors to open for dinner ...

IMG_0218_zps48ae5345.jpg

I guess we don't have to worry about the air conditioning not working... what's up with the ski hat going into the dining room? :eek:

Funny you should say that. I noticed it and pointed out to my table mates. We all agreed the decorations looked like fried eggs. It was not until someone mentioned that the Black Pearl had nothing to do with the pirate ship in the movie that I made the connection. Those decorations are oysters.

That said, I took a picture, you can decide for yourself ...

IMG_0073_zpsb1a96c12.jpg

Yep those are the fried eggs (or boobs) that I've come to love and will miss!

Thanks for the great photo review of the Splendor!

Will be boarding this ship for the first time in June. Good to know that it will be necessary to do the up and down routine to get around the dining rooms! Different from most of the Carnival fleet in that respect.

Question...how was the overall indoor temperature of the public rooms? Was it more on the colder side or just comfortable? Trying to decide on whether or not a jacket or sweater will be needed for the dining room, show rooms, etc.

Thanks again.

MARAPRINCE

Thanks for the great photo review of the Splendor!

Will be boarding this ship for the first time in June. Good to know that it will be necessary to do the up and down routine to get around the dining rooms! Different from most of the Carnival fleet in that respect.

Question...how was the overall indoor temperature of the public rooms? Was it more on the colder side or just comfortable? Trying to decide on whether or not a jacket or sweater will be needed for the dining room, show rooms, etc.

Thanks again.

MARAPRINCE

You are asking the wrong person about temperature. I was comfortable, which likely means it was a little on the cool side. I would have liked it a bit cooler in the cabin though, which likely means it was comfortable for most in the cabin.

I noticed the serenity deck was off to the side. Did thet change it from the aft pool area? Great review! I can't wait to sail on her in June.

Different ships have the Serenity deck in different places. I know on the Fantasy class ships the Serenity deck is in the rear. However, on the Conquest class ships it is on the side, just like the Splendor.

I guess we don't have to worry about the air conditioning not working... what's up with the ski hat going into the dining room? :eek:

It was cool outside (this still being winter). Inside I was quite comfortable, which means it was cool, since I like it cool.

How did your TV remote work? If it worked well you can thank me. :D I had that exact cabin (9226) for the Dec 9th sailing and had nothing but trouble with the original remote in the cabin so I asked for a new one. They brought me the one I see in the safe in your picture and it worked great. ;) Enjoyed your review!

Edit: Was "Arty" your room steward? He did a FANTASTIC job for us.

Edited by 4hunters