Legend of the Seas Info?

Looking for info on Legend of the Seas. I am a first time cruiser staying in room 8008. Curious if pics of staterooms on RCCL's website are truly indicative of that particular room. Guess I'm just a little skeptical about paying for something I can't see. We will be sailing on January 14th 2006. Any tips for us regarding the ship or the western caribbean destinations would be appreciated!

We sailed in 8012 for the second time a couple of months ago. The suites are very nice, but there are very few perks associated with them anymore. First time we had this suite was in 2001 and we had many perks that came with the suite, but RCI has done away with most of them. It just was not worth the price we paid, I am so sorry to say.

What remains are upgraded bathroom amenities, priority tender passes and priority boarding, a pair of slippers and a robe.(the slippers you keep, the robe you do not) We did get a warm bottle of champagne delivered to our suite the second day onboard. On two evenings they delivered appetizers to our suite. First night was three slices of very warm cheese and some packages of saltine crackers (like you would get from a soup buffet). One other time we had some chocolate dipped strawberries, sounds great but the strawberriew were rotten, so it wasn't very great. Aside from that, I can't remember a thing different from the other staterooms onboad.

What is missing, are you sure you want to know? lol In 2001 we had a butler that did everything from arranging cocktail parties to doing all of our ironing for us. We had appetizers delivered to the suite every night. Bottles of wine and champagne chilled with glasses in the evenings sent by the head of each department on the ship. It just seemed like every day there was something new being delivered to the suite.

This time it was really not any better than if we had booked a regular cabin, only this one the price was double what a regular cabin would have been.

Next time I want to spend this amount of money on a suite, it will definitely be on a Princess ship where suite perks are fabulous.

BTW-I did drop a note to the hotel manager telling him of our displeasure of the lack of perks associated with this suite, he did call. He said that they had done away with many of the extras that used to come with it. I did let him know that we would not be booking a suite with RCI again.

Thanks to everyone for the info. I knew I shouldn't ask about what I would be missing! We'll see how this trip goes...new experience for both of us and hopefully not the last cruise we take. I'm thinking....maybe Princess next time!

:confused:

We are getting married June 23, 2006 and planning a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon. We have narrowed it down to either the Owners suite on Legend of the Seas’ 14 Night Mediterranean Classic cruise or a courtyard penthouse on Norwegian Jewel’s 7 day Mediterranean Europe cruise. From my research I have gathered that Norwegian Jewel is by far the better ship being brand new (coming into service in August 05) with new features such as a semi-private courtyard with pool, and being with NCL which many people have said is better for romantic getaways.

This would be an easy decision except that the Legend has a 14 day itinerary and, having never been to Europe, I am exited about the prospect of spending 2 weeks on a ship and getting to see allot more of Europe at the same time.

Norwegian Jewel Itinerary:

Praira Da Rocha, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia/Rome, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vigo

Legend of the Seas Itinerary:

Praira Da Rocha, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia/Rome, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vigo Praira Da Rocha, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia/Rome, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vigo

Having read some of the posts about Legend of the Seas’s not so good cuisine, less than stellar condition and shortened list of amenities for suites, I am no longer so sure that 14 days on an OK ship will be more rewarding than 7 days on a awesome vessel. What are your opinions? Would the extras on the Norwegian Jewel really be worth giving up the extra 7 days?

Thanks for any unput u can give

Archived