vacation AWESOME-ATION event hogwash?

Bran8778

so Carnival puts on this HUGE event ..

Micky Arison.. makes a BIG deal about it..

but here on the Carnival Thread there's not much chatter about it :confused:

what's the big deal about it?

do we care?

Is it just another "Fake Sale"?

total hogwash (and that's putting it nicely!) With this contest everyone will be signing up and carnival will get more and more names that their PVPs can telemarket to... win win win for them. Not so much for us.

ironically, the cruise I booked a few weeks ago dropped a bit on friday.. I got $100 credit. Now with this "sale", it's gone UP in price.

I was ready to pull the trigger on Friday and book a cruise I have been watching for a while. When I read about this "sale" I decided to wait so I could be entered into the sweepstakes. Fortunately, the price did not change at all (Early Saver), so I will be booking tomorrow.

I was ready to pull the trigger on Friday and book a cruise I have been watching for a while. When I read about this "sale" I decided to wait so I could be entered into the sweepstakes. Fortunately, the price did not change at all (Early Saver), so I will be booking tomorrow.

I was ready to book Friday and Saturday, thankfully I was looking through the website and saw the "big event" thing and looked over here Sat and seen what it was about. Thankfully the price for us booking early saver rate didn't change at all. I am so excited about saving some deposit money :) Hopefully we'll get some price drops between now and August!

Okay here is the positive I see with this sail. This is the first time that they have had a sale that allows you to book early saver with the reduced deposit. For me this is huge as we always book early saver. Even if the price is raised a little for a sale I don't mind because I watch for price drops like nobody's business. It's a freaken sport for me. So I'm sure I will make up the difference. We have wanted to book three cruises and this half price deposit is just the ticket I need. So hello Sunshine! Catch another Breeze, and even sail for a short little Inspiration.

total hogwash (and that's putting it nicely!) With this contest everyone will be signing up and carnival will get more and more names that their PVPs can telemarket to... win win win for them. Not so much for us.

ironically, the cruise I booked a few weeks ago dropped a bit on friday.. I got $100 credit. Now with this "sale", it's gone UP in price.

you got it 1000,0000%! This is simply a way to grab email addresses to add to their Marketing Plan, thought that myself. Why else would they ask for your email address so they can email you something in the morning? It's not like we couldn't go to their website to find out this incredible news ourselves right?

Just booked my cruise I've been looking at. Price remained constant for the last two weeks or so. Did not change on this "sale". The reduced deposit did not really help me as we are using $500 certificate from Hilton points, so that takes care of our deposit, but I'm happy to be entered into the sweepstakes (because I'm quite sure I'll win something! :rolleyes:)

Archived