Port info from my recent cruise on Coral Princess

twocats

Wednesday May 4, 2005

Puerto Caldera, originally scheduled for Puntaranas

Here we choose the Pacific Arial Tramway scheduled by Princess. Good tour - about a 45 minutes walk on a pathway through the rain forest, then the tramway ride. Very interesting but not much wildlife to see. May is the end of the dry season, so it didn’t seem too much like a rain forest. Nice AC bus ride through a rural area. Might be other tour choices that would be better but for the price it was good. Shopping was really bad here, one little building at the pier in Puerto Caldera. If one really wanted to shop you had to take a taxi or tour to town. I believe the taxi was about $20. We saw lots of people coming back later in the day, but we didn't have time to do both. The building had about 10 vendors that day, prices OK, mostly the same items but prices varied from vendor to vendor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sandy...just ran into your post here....we are still diddling about trying to figure out what to do in Puntaranas...sure hope there will be no change...who are you going with and to do what......the CostaRica tours has a nice one for $70 each that we are thinking about....zip line.lunch.beach...Ken

Hi, sorry about the slow response. Our TA sent us a notice about 4 months prior to sailing. We were never told why we were changed but it was definitely not in our favor. Here is a link to some of my pictures. http://community.webshots.com/album/297460286ZvSehO

You will find a picture of the port (Puerto Caldera) there on page two. The only shopping was at the little building on the right. There were maybe 15 vendors with much the same item to sell. Some people took taxis to Puntaranas which cost about $20. Sad little port so I sure hope you end up in Puntaranas. Good luck.

Hi Sandy...just ran into your post here....we are still diddling about trying to figure out what to do in Puntaranas...sure hope there will be no change...who are you going with and to do what......the CostaRica tours has a nice one for $70 each that we are thinking about....zip line.lunch.beach...Ken

Hi there ken, well we booked with the original canapy tours, its ziplininning and lunch for 95 dollars, sounds like you got a better deal!

Archived